Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. YOUBUGME2

No name road bike

Got to come up with a name for this one but was just a 70's Japanese road bike that was given to me. Been wanting a bike to ride with some friends and one of them had this hanging in his garage. As delivered I had some paint laying around so I stripped it and started with a mint color
  2. YOUBUGME2

Hawthorne bike ?

This is listed on my local craigs list as a 50's hawthorne. Any idea of year and value, I can't find one with 2 bars in the middle or a springer like this one.
  3. YOUBUGME2

Elgin bikes

A someone I know has a this bike a he said he has the boys bike as well. I don't have any picture of the boys bike its in a box and he never even opened it, he got them for free but told me the dreaded make a offer when I asked price. What would be a fair price, if the boys bike is indeed the...
  4. YOUBUGME2

Banana Peel!

Someone gave me this can't wait to get it fixed, looks like its going to be fun to drive around. This one is the teen size one but might just have to do some mods to it.
  5. YOUBUGME2

Any one know what this is?

Might go get it.
  6. YOUBUGME2

1930's Colson ladies bike rusty

Had this girl given to me this weekend. Its solid, but geeze is it rusty. Not sure if I'm going to put it back together or just make art out of it yet. It has a really cool front badge Pioneer. I'll have to clean it up and get a picture of it. Just need to get one screw loose from it.
  7. YOUBUGME2

Is this bike worth buying

Has anyone ever heard of a Schwinn California Cruiser? Found one on craigslist wondering if it would be worth buying. http://dothan.craigslist.org/bik/3138745871.html I was thinking of offering 50 or so for it. If its a rare bike (found a site saying it was) I might go ahead and pay for it...
  8. YOUBUGME2

Rocket ray bulb

Does any one know the part number for a rocket ray bulb. I'm thinking its just a flashlight bulb, just trying to find something locally.
  9. YOUBUGME2

Stolen bike story

Well had a bike stolen about 2 months ago, I had loaned it to one of the kids from church. His sister used it and didn't lock it up, well it went by by. Figured I would never see it again, well this Saturday the mom saw someone riding the bike. Told the guy nice bike and asked where he got...
  10. YOUBUGME2

Anyone know what this is and what its worth

http://dothan.craigslist.org/bik/2706306460.html
  11. YOUBUGME2

1952 Schwinn Hornet

This one was given to me, I took it apart and had it hanging on the wall of my garage for a good while. I was going to restore it, but hey when you don't have time or money you rat :lol: I really have been wanting to ride this one even though its missing tank, rocket ray, and truss rods. I'm...
  12. YOUBUGME2

So have started riding my bike more

Was headed to someones house where we meet on Monday nights with the youth group at our church. Only takes me 15 minutes to get there so I like to ride whenever I can. I was going down hill standing up kicking on the pedals pretty hard to beat traffic to get to the side walk and BAM. Chain...
  13. YOUBUGME2

Got my wife on a bike

So my wife was never into riding bikes really, I on the other hand have been either bmxing or pedaling since I was a kid. She's been very reluctant to get on one since she can't ride well, but yesterday got her on the 57 Schwinn I got her. To my suprise she loved it and is excited about us...
  14. YOUBUGME2

One for a bud

Well someone gave me this bike, buddy had a 70's columbia he wanted to trade for it. It was a rider and my wife wanted it so we traded, last night he came over got to do some work. Here is what we started with, did a rough draft in our heads and got to work. Stripped the seat of its cover...
  15. YOUBUGME2

Any idea what this one is?

I was thinking huffy of some sort. It does have rivits or screws where there was a head tube badge at one time. The serial number is on the dropout and is W468689
  16. YOUBUGME2

Drilling a sealed bulb

I've got a 4.25" round sealed bulb, the housing is sweet and want to use it. I can't find a 4.25" housing to hold a bulb though... I want to change it over to LED so it last a long time and has some brightness to it. I called the local glass Co and got told the glass was to thick and it was...
  17. YOUBUGME2

First build name change again.. "Bulli"

So this is the canvas I have to work with. Fix-a-flat in the tubes, run down western flyer. First thing is the mechanics, the crank bearings were clicking like crazy. Took them out and all the bearings but one were missing from the race on the sprocket side... nice.
  18. YOUBUGME2

my bike finds

Only road bike I have don't know anything about it, but the 3 gears work great and it drives like a dream. Found it at a thrift shop cheap!
  19. YOUBUGME2

12-05-1952 Schwinn ?

It has the sweet heart skip tooth chain wheel, missing some stuff like headlight looks like it should have a springer or something else per dents in the fender for clearance. Pretty rad for free 8) Going to hold onto this one for sure, I'm not sure its a Phantom looks like it though anyone...
Back