my bike finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20110701_175332.jpg

Only road bike I have don't know anything about it, but the 3 gears work great and it drives like a dream. Found it at a thrift shop cheap!

Re: AMF ROADMASTER

I took the basket off looks better now going to drive it to church this morning. Hopefully I won't have any problems, did fine around the block. :D

Does it happen to have courier 3 on the chain guard? Last year and about 30 bikes ago picked one up near mint for 10 bucks at a yard sale. Started of the craze.

MrNemo said:
Does it happen to have courier 3 on the chain guard? Last year and about 30 bikes ago picked one up near mint for 10 bucks at a yard sale. Started of the craze.

Yep is has Courier 3 on the chain guards, got to admit the drop outs is part of the reason I got the bike lol.

Those drops are sweet. I don't remember them being that monstrous. That gold really pops aswell. I put mine forsale on craigslist for $70 and probaly got about 25 calls because for some reason I couldn't get the add to delete. Got into flipping bikes after that but never got near that response for a vintage bike since.

The gold does pop nicely, I paid 40 for it. It was a spurt of the moment decision lol. Not one of my greatest moments, had to explain to the wife why I was bringing another bike home. She let me keep it though because it is "pretty" I really need to finish her bike.

Re: YOUBUGME2's bike finds

IMG_20110803_062641.jpg

Had these given to me the other day, the Raleigh seems like it could be a nice bike with some work. Its super light weigh aluminum, and has all the wiring for speedo on it. The other one is just going to be parts, its something like Diamond cruiser. Hey price was right though, now just need to finish some of my other bikes.

Does the seat tube on that Raleigh turn to an oval shape where it's welded to the bottom bracket? sort of looks like it is in the photo. In which case it's just like a Supergo Access mtb of that era that I have.

Not sure if it does or not, either way going to get this one going and use it on some trails around here. Its been in a barn for 5 or so years, everything is frozen up as far as brakes goes.

IMAG0059951305305772698.jpg

Bike that started it all 1957 Schwinn I purchased for my wife.
IMG_20110611_114504.jpg

IMG_20110611_114535.jpg

IMG_20110611_114521.jpg

This is a 52 Hornet was given to me, its in peices right now. Had to bring the old chain back to life, not to mention every thing else that uses grease lol. Now if I could only find the tank and head light for free.. :roll:

Few someone gave me pair of huffy bikes.
FxCam_1313622264362.jpg

Buddy wants to trade this one for the huffy I just got, not even sure what it is.
FxCam_1313623357938.jpg

but the wife likes it so going to trade, I am going to keep the messanger seat though. Its in great shape probaly going to use it on something esle I've got.

YOUBUGME2 said:
IMG_20110701_175332.jpg

Only road bike I have don't know anything about it, but the 3 gears work great and it drives like a dream. Found it at a thrift shop cheap!

Well got my first bike stolen, I had loaned this one to a kid from church whos jeep bike was messed up. Waiting on a piece for it, he had been locking it up every time he got done with it. Well his older sister took it riding didn't lock it up and in 30 minutes it was gone..... I'm not to worried about it I've learned along time ago don't loan something out you don't want broken or missing. There is something good out of it though, his sisters husband is going to score me some bikes now that have been hanging up in his grandma's shed for many years. 8 bikes is all I know some of them are muscle bikes, and one was his great grandfathers bike. So excited to see what shows up, and don't really expect to see this roadmaster again... If I do and someone is using it to cart groceries I'm going to just wave and ask if they want a basket for the front of it. :D Hopefully I'll be getting those bikes in a few weeks see what they are.

Back