So have started riding my bike more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was headed to someones house where we meet on Monday nights with the youth group at our church. Only takes me 15 minutes to get there so I like to ride whenever I can. I was going down hill standing up kicking on the pedals pretty hard to beat traffic to get to the side walk and BAM. Chain came off my right foot or I should say big to went right into the pavement, followed by the pedal jamming on my ankle keeping me from removing it... I didn't fall but had to coast over to the side walk fix the chain and pedal the rest of the way there. Good news I didn't brake my toe again! just hurts to walk.

I have done that too. I was taking off from the stoplight and the friction shifters did not hold. Misshifted and my toes slammed into the pavement. I thought they were broken at first. Ended up badly scraped and very sore.

Its been a few days now, toe isn't hurting near as bad. Ankle is bruised up pretty well, but its getting better. But man that did not feel good! I've got to do a once over again on it make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just got some GREAT news from our City, they are planning on putting bike lanes all around the city. If they follow through the way they show they bikeing should be a option for getting around town.

Back