Elgin bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A someone I know has a this bike a he said he has the boys bike as well. I don't have any picture of the boys bike its in a box and he never even opened it, he got them for free but told me the dreaded make a offer when I asked price. What would be a fair price, if the boys bike is indeed the same era and in this good of condition.

Last edited:
Re: Eglin bikes

This is a great bike. Complete with lots of hard to find parts. The rack is a stop-light/tail-light carrier with an on-off switch underneath and a cool mechanical switch that mounts at the hub. Back pedal and the brake light comes on, or lights get brighter if running with the taillights on.
And yes: the Phillips screw is orig :D

The rack seems to be the only part I have never seen on a elgin, This is not a common model. this bike is worth imo around 550-650.

Nick.

Nickinator said:
The rack seems to be the only part I have never seen on a elgin, This is not a common model. this bike is worth imo around 550-650.

Nick.

I've had a few Elgin bikes with that rack, and a couple Higgins with very similar, but just slightly different, to fit the different frame.
There are at least 2 types of battery trays.
IMO there's still plenty of meat on the bone at $650.

I'll be upfront my intentions are to flip them, I don't like doing it but it will be for my dad. Hes about to medically retire and is trying to make some extra money to pay off bills to make things easier for them. I'm thinking of offering 300 for both bikes. I just wanted to make sure Dad wouldn't have a hard time making his money from them, I really want to keep them both. That's just what I do find things and hoard them lol, in this case thought if it works out let em go.

Well got them home and put the boys bike together

The seat on the boys bike is in great shape

Boys bike had some odd markings that looked factory like it was a special bike or something

No rust in girls tank at all

Boys tank is in good condition as well but the rack is missing the guys for the lights...

!!!!!!!!!NICE!!!!!!!!!

Back