Is this bike worth buying

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone ever heard of a Schwinn California Cruiser? Found one on craigslist wondering if it would be worth buying.
http://dothan.craigslist.org/bik/3138745871.html

I was thinking of offering 50 or so for it.
If its a rare bike (found a site saying it was) I might go ahead and pay for it just wanted to make sure it was worth getting.

This bike is an 80's or early 90's bike. Around here $50 would be on the high side, I find these for $10 to $20. I picked up a 62 Tiger for $20 put air in the tires and rode it. Lucky, it should have been $50 to $75.

dos cruiser said:
This bike is an 80's or early 90's bike. Around here $50 would be on the high side, I find these for $10 to $20. I picked up a 62 Tiger for $20 put air in the tires and rode it. Lucky, it should have been $50 to $75.

From what I read online the "California cruieser was a 1976 only they changed it to keep from a law suite. Looks like it has the solid forks and looks like the pictures I found of them online. Are you sure its 80's-90's?

No, but what I could see of the pic. I thought it looked 80s. I had a bike a lot like it, and thought was it was .

Even if it is an 1980 bike it's still 32 years old an from what I saw it wasn't that rough all of it was there I'd offer 50 or 60 an see what he says you've got to remeber we aint in yankee land where everything is pristine an 100 years old no offense to all you yankee guys

Back