Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

Picking my seat...

thats some sound advice!
  2. O

help me pick a name for the 50's higgins kustom (she's back)

I just looked at it again and thought Sherman Tank! So "Sherman" or "The Sherm" or just "Sherm"!
  3. O

My First Rat

Nice!
  4. O

design help!

Is there a website where we can go to do a mock-up of a bike? I am going to build a rat for my oldest daughter...I've already picked up a white and pink Electra saddle....and some pink grips but....I want to do a crazy pink, white and flat black paint job! The bike is a '55 American that I had...
  5. O

SO. CAL RATROD NEWBIE HERE ([email protected]

whats up?? I am from the 951! Our bikes are pretty similar....dang I need to take some pics!
  6. O

'46 Schwinn DX

it was a bare frame when I got it...I added S-7's with 26X2X2 Kenda's, NOS Wald fenders, forks I bought off another collector here in Riverside, crank was found in my FIL's junk pile, pedals and grips and bearings and headset taken off a '76 Suburban...I am looking for a Brooks saddle but its...
  7. O

'46 Schwinn DX

How do you know its a '46? I have one just like yours but I am not sure what year it is...I know its post-war cuz of the drop-out...and it doesnt have a kickstand...and has the single bar not the two like on cantilever frames....
  8. O

FOES vs. Specialized

I dont "downhill" but I've seen pics of it and the courses that they race down...as awesome as our Schwinn's are they would last one run! LOL But those MTB's will never look as cool as my '46 cruisin' the Coast!
  9. O

FOES vs. Specialized

although my co-workers son is sponsored by foes...he only gets half-off of his bikes...so a frame and forks runs him about 3G's!
  10. O

FOES vs. Specialized

a co-worker has a son sponsored in downhill racing by FOES (sp.) and Modern Marvels called them up and put him on their show. Its on American Made one at a time MTB's vs. Chinese mass produced MTB's....its coming to Modern Marvels soon! Now if they'll do it on Chicago Made vs. BFK's!!! LOL
  11. O

Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

went to the Super Wal-Mart yesterday to do a little Christams shopping...(we're taking some gifts down to an orphanage in Mexico)...the Wal Mart in Moreno Valley on Moreno Beach Drive..anyway I saw one of the innfamous Black Friday Sting-Rays...man...all I can say is...they had probably thirty...
  12. O

How bad have you got it?

ummmm.....Okay...I pulled these guys over who had a trailer full of junk but there was a 70's girls Tourist or Collegiate style bike on top....I saw the Schwinn headbadge and pulled them over and bought the bike for $10...got the pedals,pillow grips and headset still in great condition off of...
  13. O

Hello!

Welcome! CC is one of my favorite groups! Anyway...welcome and good luck on your next build!
  14. O

how do i add links to a chain?

I went to Wal-Mart and bought the $2 chain tool....I dont understand how people break 'em! I had my chain fixed in seconds...does it get harder if the chain is old and rusty...is that what can break these things?
  15. O

New military cafe cruiser: Military Presence

AWESOME! You have just inspired me! That bike is SICK!
  16. O

New Member, Southern California!!

What is that??? Oh man...you city guys dont know! lol Out here in the Boondocks we have what is called NASCAR! lol Anyway....they come out here Labor Day Weekend...and the Infield is the inside of the racetrack and they have close to 2,000 RV spots...you cant drive any cars so everyone busts out...
  17. O

New Member, Southern California!!

Welcome! I am from Riverside! I am working on rattin' out my '77 Schwinn Cruiser...I will be cruisin' the Infield at California Speedway next month! There are lots of cool bikes there!
  18. O

front axle ?

I am in the same boat right now...I am rattin' out a '77 Schwinn cantilever frame...ummmmmm...the axle that is on the rims that I have dont fit the forks...I have some old 80's tubular forks that fit....since its a rat I think I will go with those rather that filing anything down, be it axles or...
  19. O

Mi bicicleta...

rick...thats what makes collecting fun! it wouldnt be any fun if there wasnt a challenges! Now my quandry that I have is...I bought some black rims but they dont fit onto my Schwinn forks...I have some tubular forks that the rims would fit....decisions decisions! lol and qwestrock....with all...
Back