New military cafe cruiser: Military Presence

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

I really like this look - you've nailed it with the fenders!

I've been debating about putting fenders on my current project.. this might do it!

ok,
erix

I've just noticed the radial lacing on the front wheel AND on the rear wheel.

Looks sweet, but will the rear hold up to some "ricky riding"? :D I mean, since you have a hub brake that can put a lot of turning force on the hub shell, and the radial spokes can't resist that very well.

Hugo

absolutley on target!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Love the fenders/fatties/ color scheme!

Hugo said:
I've just noticed the radial lacing on the front wheel AND on the rear wheel.

Looks sweet, but will the rear hold up to some "ricky riding"? :D I mean, since you have a hub brake that can put a lot of turning force on the hub shell, and the radial spokes can't resist that very well.

Hugo
Yea I saw that too. Rears should be 3x. Not only for braking, but for accelerating. 3x looks better too.

the wheel set he used are from giant and are used on one of their cruisers. i have not had any issues as of yet with them and we tested it pretty good the day he got her done. the fork is a kruzer king cut down as low as it could with the fender and light setup he wanted to use. lol thanks for the cheap advertising there buddy terry would be proud. take it into a shop and tell them thats how we do on the west side lol.

awesome

Well i really appreciate all of the kind words, thank you. I keep hearing people hint that they might be interested in building a military-ish cruiser and now i am excited to see what will be up and coming!

all i can say is wow dude. that bike is the new wallpaper on my computer and permanently etched into my brain.

see and you were not sure about the drop bars at first lol. actually i think your bike is the first drop bar bike on here with full fenders.

Now that is PHAT. Diggin' your Brooks saddle. Love them 3" rubbers. Meaner than Leroy Brown son.

Back