Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Harvie

Cheap Tools

Here is an idea find out what those Park tools are going to cost you then see if you can get SnapOn MAC Matco USED... (let someone else pay the profit for the tool company) That is what my grandfather taught me to do....and it works big time......
  2. Harvie

Cheap Tools

Now is the best ime in history to buy a large box because many dealers are going to supplied storeage so the mechanics don't need their storeage boxes anymore. 10K BOXES ARE SELLING FOR 2k .....
  3. Harvie

Cheap Tools

Thats the old way, I still use it if I run into a truck but, now log on to their website and get it warrantied, sent to your location for shipping cost.... :mrgreen:
  4. Harvie

Cheap Tools

90% or more of my Snap On tools are worth more than I paid for them over the 50 years I have been buying and using them, that is my measure of cost..... so Snap On tools are the cheapest I have ever used.....try that with other tools. Snap On still makes very high quality hand tools. I like...
  5. Harvie

Wal-Mart sells cool bikes????

I believe that if a person thinks Walmart sells cool bikes they need makeup to tone down their neck... :P
  6. Harvie

Cheap Tools

real cost of a tool Park tools the best. bwaahahaha Tools are only cheap if they last until you give them away or sell them. http://www.snapon.com
  7. Harvie

What's your story?

I started my work life on bikes delivering newspapers in late 40's through the early 60s. My grandfather had a salvage yard and I got my pick of the trash until I financed my first new cycle truck. fast forward 50 plus years. I had to have a triple hernia repair done and was told to do "NOTHING...
  8. Harvie

PayPal as a gift

Never use "gift" and the safest way to pay The way to protect your interest in ANY internet money transaction is to pay as a "guest " using a credit card through PayPal. Have the people send you an invoice and choose the "pay as a guest" option. Fill in cc info and all done. If there is a...
  9. Harvie

Sturmey Archer 2 speed/Skip tooth question

you could always do what I did and weld one on the top other after cutting and fitting the pieces together.
  10. Harvie

Sturmey Archer 2 speed/Skip tooth question

The sprockets are different thicknesses. 1/2 X 1/8 VRS 1 X 3/16 chains with the last number being the thickness/width....
  11. Harvie

Measurement Problems

If you want to get real precision Starrett makes shim strips in .001 incriments.....
  12. Harvie

Frustrated by Seatpost

troop down to the local auto parts store and buy a small master cyclinder brake hone. Ball hones are more 50 bucks each thanks to the new EPA rules on the grit dust.
  13. Harvie

Sloppy coaster brake

yup what he said: because you know the OP checked the wheel bearings before coming here, clean clean clean lube lube reinstall check and only THEN ride and test...only common sense.... unless you want to kill/harm the person riding it....
  14. Harvie

Need Sizing on Spokes for a RE-LACING

just had an 26 inch S2 laced to ND front hub took 265MM 14GA spokes same/simular to Torrington .85 10 5/8 spokes are either measured in SAE sizes .080-.120 millimeters 1.8-2.3 MM or wire sizes 18GA to 11GA with 11GA being same as .120 2.3mm 14GA is same as .83/.85 normal spoke 2 go up in...
  15. Harvie

Measurement Problems

25.4 MM per inch divide the mm measurements by that to get SAE sizes
  16. Harvie

How to 'anti-rust' steel rims?

CLR works great at removing rust....in local Homedepot or Lowes then spray Locktite rust killer on them to seal it is called Extend
  17. Harvie

Maybe not a big deal to you.....

Always use "waterproof" or Marine grade grease, or when it gets moisture into the hub it turns to :roll: . I always use Castrol silicone stuff now. I only want to do it once. :mrgreen:
  18. Harvie

CL deal...or no deal...

Have the guy wire money to you or send the money Western Union. He can always claim unauthorized charge once it is gone AND/OR NOT DELIVERED TO VERIFIED PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD ADDRESS...never deliver to 3rd parties unless you have CASH in HAND....you will lose every time. Then your delivery...
  19. Harvie

Welder advice

solution: don't go to HF and talk to the 7.50HR clerks for Welder info try Miller, Hobart, Lincoln, ya know the welder manufacturer people..... :roll:
  20. Harvie

Welder advice

you try a cheap helmet and you are going to meet the sandman..... :mrgreen: .001 per amp for aluminum probably more for starts...
Back