CL deal...or no deal...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I posted a bike on CL, and had some interest, one guy in particuar (out of country) wants to pay pal me for the bike but have it shipped to a friend in NY. I guess he will be visiting and will deal with it later.

I told him I would want to ship it with signiture requred at the drop off, he would pay pal me for the bike & shipping.

does this seem reasonable or suspect? Maybe I should get a phone # to the guy taking delivery or something? or ask to have the guy call me?

Your thoughts appreciated :D

I agree, If there is any trouble all paypal wants to see is PROOF of delivery and a SIGNATURE

I'm still scared about transactions like this, I ask to talk to their US contact and even have them paypal their friend the money so that the deal can still be a money in hand transaction. I would just be worried about someone using a hijacked paypal account and therefore someone else in the middle getting ripped off.

I'm sure it will work out fine, but I just like doing things locally.

Have the guy wire money to you or send the money Western Union. He can always claim unauthorized charge once it is gone AND/OR NOT DELIVERED TO VERIFIED PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD ADDRESS...never deliver to 3rd parties unless you have CASH in HAND....you will lose every time.

Then your delivery confirmation and signature card can be used as toilet paper or to wrap your chains in....

Back