Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. KickBackCycles

Re-refurbished my 1960 Schwinn Tiger

This was my 3rd? bike I've bought years ago. I tried to refurbish it but it was early in my bike hobby and i didn't do the best job. I just recently decided to get it up and running again. The original s-7's were rusted through so I laced up the original hubs to double wall alloy Mavic rims with...
  2. KickBackCycles

80's Schwinn Cruiser 5 DELUXE

I just bought this today in Wichita...which is about 3 hours from Lawrence but it was worth it! I've been wanting a cruiser 5 for awhile now so I'm super excited about this find.Its in pretty good condition, the decals are a little rough and the cranks are pretty rusty, I think it will look...
  3. KickBackCycles

the ISLANDER,...Schwinn Cal Cruiser

School just got out and I haven't started my summer job yet, so why not enter the build off? I bought this bike off ebay almost a year ago and haven't done anything to it since. Supposedly it came straight from the beach and it definitely has the rust for it. I didn't want to change it much...
  4. KickBackCycles

I found a SEARS!

I just picked this up off Craigslist today. I think it's a '69-'70 Spyder. I ended up paying $140 for it because the actual seller wasn't there when I looked at the bike. So I couldn't negotiate on the price at all, which is a little upsetting but I thought this bike was too awesome to pass up...
  5. KickBackCycles

'67 Typhoon w/ BikeBug motor

I finished refurbishing the bike yesterday, right in time for winter weather. :( Yesterday was a sunny 70-80 now its 20-30's with a high chance of snow. So no action shots or videos of it running for a while. I got the motor in a $+trade deal last spring and had it on other bikes since then...
  6. KickBackCycles

Bike Bug motor on Stingray?

I have a working bike bug motor I rode around last summer. It was on a huffy good vibrations, then I installed it on a schwinn alloy cruiser. My question is, can a front wheel friction drive bike bug motor work on a schwinn stingray? My concerns are the 20" wheel would be too small and, since...
  7. KickBackCycles

80's Schwinn BeachCruiser

I found it on Ebay for $350 with 0 bids so I waited for the auction to end then I offered the seller less and they took the offer. The frame is a '62 but it looks like it was "refurbished" sometime in the 80's to be a literal beach cruiser. It has VDC styled cruiser bars, a Tuf Neck stem, Araya...
  8. KickBackCycles

Porkchop Landrace "CAL Cruiser" DONE!

I started this thread on Ratrodbmx a while ago http://www.ratrodbmx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=179 but since there's not too many people on the site I thought I should post it here also. So I'll post the most "important" posts from the thread to where I am now in the build. Starting with the...
  9. KickBackCycles

Do you think this is safe to order from?

Have you guys heard or used this site before... http://www.cycle4sport.com/servlet/StoreFront There are some handlebars I want to buy but I don't know if I trust them. Here are the bars. http://www.cycle4sport.com/servlet/the- ... OOF/Detail A problem I have with it is these handlebars don't...
  10. KickBackCycles

Let's See You're Emory Bikes!

I thought there was a thread for these already but I couldn't find one. And if worksman get their own thread, then Emory should have one too! Here's my Emory I finished last weekend. There's more info about it here... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57065
  11. KickBackCycles

1979 Emory Super de Luxe

I picked this frame and fork up on this site a while back, so there are pictures of it built up differently by different people here too. For me, I wanted the vintage 80's beach cruiser look. So I scavenged for parts around my garage and ended up not needing to buy anything for the build. Even...
  12. KickBackCycles

Good Vibrations with a Sears Motor

Picked this up off craigslist today, It was so dark by the time I got back and it was raining all day so the pictures suck. The guy originally wanted $350 for it but I was able to trade + $ to get the price down. It works ok, the bike itself needs to be gone through but the motor runs! I'm not...
  13. KickBackCycles

Some things I found at a garage sale last weekend

It was an estate sale with a bunch of antique toys ( which I should have probably picked up) but in the back yard was this bike... sorry about the night pics. She said she wanted $10 for it because it was the missing the front wheel, so I called dibs and while I followed her to get a...
  14. KickBackCycles

Check out these PRICEY cruisers

I just saw these on the internet and now I want one really bad. Too bad they are like $2000. My favorite has to be the 2nd one with the belt drive... http://store.unitedcruiser.com/en/8-men-cruiser-bikes
  15. KickBackCycles

Cheap Whizzer Sign

I was looking on google images when I found this... http://shop.history.com/whizzer-sales-s ... p?p=365362 Usually I'm not a fan of reproduction signs and merchandise like this, but I wouldn't mind hanging that in my garage. 8)
  16. KickBackCycles

Schwinn's springer?

On the "new" Schwinn Deluxe. What brand is the springer? Is it just a cheap knockoff like Ebay's or is it specially made for Schwinn?
  17. KickBackCycles

Would this work?

I found this and can't find much info about it or videos. What do you guys think? http://www.myspace.com/bicyclepowerbooster
  18. KickBackCycles

Does anyone have this bike?

I've been looking through my bike books and this bike in the 1937 Rollfast catalog kept catching my eye. But I can't find any pics of them anywhere! Does any one have this model, I'm curious to see what it really looks like.
  19. KickBackCycles

Earth Cruiser Find!

Its a ladies model but its still very cool. I found it on Craigs yesterday and picked it up this morning. Originally I bought it so I could use the wheels on an other project, but after having it and riding it around, I can't bring myself to part it out. The seat is not original but its very...
  20. KickBackCycles

When's the next swap in KC?

Is there an El Torreon indoor meet coming up? I went to the one last year but I can't remember when it was.
Back