Bike Bug motor on Stingray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a working bike bug motor I rode around last summer. It was on a huffy good vibrations, then I installed it on a schwinn alloy cruiser. My question is, can a front wheel friction drive bike bug motor work on a schwinn stingray? My concerns are the 20" wheel would be too small and, since nearly all the rider's weight is on the back wheel, would it have enough traction on the front wheel?
-Thanks
1218719701_ddf37f16e6_b.jpg

Here's my motor. :D
searsmotor.jpg

the size of wheel does not mater cause its friction drive , cause the motor to wheel speed is the same as the wheel to ground speed
if you put it in front , you will probably do some small burnouts :mrgreen: ... i would try to fit it under the seat on the rear wheel to make some sweet wheelies 8)

OneHorsePower said:
the size of wheel does not mater cause its friction drive , cause the motor to wheel speed is the same as the wheel to ground speed
if you put it in front , you will probably do some small burnouts :mrgreen: ... i would try to fit it under the seat on the rear wheel to make some sweet wheelies 8)
Isn't the ratio thrown off?
Since the 20" wheel would spin a lot faster than a 26".

The wheel will rotate faster, but the "ratio" and distance traveled remains the same, unless you change the size of the roller. It will push the same amount of tread regardless of wheel size.

Back