Some things I found at a garage sale last weekend

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was an estate sale with a bunch of antique toys ( which I should have probably picked up) but in the back yard was this bike... sorry about the night pics.
bikesfromgaragesale2.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale3.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale7.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale8.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale6.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale5.jpg

She said she wanted $10 for it because it was the missing the front wheel, so I called dibs and while I followed her to get a ticket I saw this hanging in the garage...
bikesfromgaragesale.jpg

bikesfromgaragesale1.jpg

I don't have any "before" pics of it because I cleaned up the frame, wheels, and tires in the photo. But you get an idea. What really sold it for me was the seat.
And while I was getting that bike out of the garage I spotted this.
freeformer5.jpg

freeformer4.jpg

freeformer.jpg

freeformer3.jpg

And I thought it was too cool to pass up. Hopefully I get it up and running in a few weeks. Just in time for spring.
The last thing I found was an NOS Miller generator light set, which you may have seen in the for sale section.
millerlight6.jpg

millerlight1.jpg

And it all came to $60. :D
Now I'm hooked on estate sales. :(

Wow, I'm gonna have to come up there & shop some estate sales! Great finds! 8)

Bring some of that stuff down to the swap meet in Haysville this April!

That first one was a SCORE!!! $10 for a bike with dropstand, long spring hairpin saddle, rear fender reflector intact, and more, who cares about the front wheel?

outskirtscustoms said:
That first one was a SCORE!!! $10 for a bike with dropstand, long spring hairpin saddle, rear fender reflector intact, and more, who cares about the front wheel?
That's the logic of people that aren't into bikes. If its missing a wheel, handlebars, seat, etc... it should be cheaper. I replace those things a lot anyways. :D
I'm guessing it is a '38-'40 Schwinn. And its in great shape. I'm keeping my eye peeled for a wheel I can throw on it so I can ride it!

I always stop in at an estate sale,they are usually during the week and not crowded.Always best in
an older neighborhood,the bigger the house the better.Check attics and basement and ask for bikes!
You just have to wade thru the glass and dishware,"you break it ,you bought it!" :) Nice finds!

I had a skate board just like that one back around the late 70s ..Mine had red wheels.. I dont have it any more but I still have some Scars from it..LOL

jaydub said:
I had a skate board just like that one back around the late 70s ..Mine had red wheels.. I dont have it any more but I still have some Scars from it..LOL
I had a skateboard a while ago too, hopefully I can get it running just enough so I can cruise on it. But I'm afraid, unlike a bike, you can forget how to ride a skateboard. But the wheels on this thing are huge, so I shouldn't hurt myself too bad.

KickBackCycles said:
jaydub said:
I had a skateboard a while ago too, hopefully I can get it running just enough so I can cruise on it. But I'm afraid, unlike a bike, you can forget how to ride a skateboard. But the wheels on this thing are huge, so I shouldn't hurt myself too bad.

Famous last words. :mrgreen:

WoW you found sum cool bike n parts, if you hadnt got them they probly would have got thrown away, good save!!!!

Back