Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

prewar schwinn badged as century? is it legit?

I have what I believe is a 1939 BC 117 Standard that is badged as a Century. Serial B 64468.
  2. A

JC Higgins tanker

marko..............sorry, I didn't get the JCH so cannot take photos for you. It was at auction so for a variety of reasons I did not end up with it. The bike was nice, but not as nice as I had hoped when I saw it in person. Thank you all for your help.
  3. A

JC Higgins tanker

Thanks for the replies! Sorry, I don't have it yet, but if I get it I will take photos for you!
  4. A

JC Higgins tanker

Can someone help me with the value of this JC Higgins tanker? I'm not very familiar with JCH, but this appears to be a post war (1947-48) standard tanker, not a premium bike but a very clean and well preserved example of a late 40's rider. I know price will vary geographically, but any help...
  5. A

'46 or '47 26" Hawthorne

I bought a bike like this recently at an auction, not as nice, but with tank for a total price of $25. The serial number on mine is C251165 and I am assuming like an earlier responder that it is a late 50's or early 60's bike. Mine is also a Montgomery Ward Hawthorne and has SE inside a circle...
  6. A

Auction finds

Thanks for your help! Even though a bit different, I assume the first two Hawthornes are CWC built. Does anyone have a serial number database for CWC to help age?
  7. A

Auction finds

I just got these three and would like some help with age and Manufacturer. Hawthorn skiptooth double bar. Brass head badge. Only number I can find is 74EH on the BB. Hawthorn skiptooth double bar. Gothic fenders, brass headbadge, no handlebars, interesting rack, F31148 on the BB. Tires and...
  8. A

Auction finds

Found an older collector yesterday and got these bikes and a few parts. Plan to post on I.D. & Valuation also because I have some questions.
  9. A

Columbia Torpedo

Still looking for ID help. Has anyone ever seen a "Torpedo" badged Westfield? I'm guessing this is about 1956, but am curious about how many years they might have been produced. Help is sincerely appreciated!
  10. A

Help ID this single bar cantilever

Thank you for the information. Agree the chainring looks like Snyder, yet I haven't seen one like this with the small triangle near the center. My other question would be when did Snyder change from putting serial numbers on the bottom bracket to the dropouts? My guess was that with the number...
  11. A

Help ID this single bar cantilever

I found this frame recently. The serial number on the bottom bracket hanger is 50801 with a separate 8EP (hard to see). I don't even know if cantilever is the correct term because it seems most cantilevers have smaller twin tubes. I have searched the web and cannot find others like this, with a...
  12. A

Western Flyer Shelby? help

First, to answer a previous question, the seat tube is 17.5". RMS 37, thanks for your in depth reply! Truly appreciated. As I look again at photos and old product catalogs displayed online I see a strong resemblance to the base model 1938 Western Flyer "Pace-Maker", in the double bar...
  13. A

Did Colson ever build for Western Flyer? In searching online the 1938-1939 Colson Imperials appear to have a similar frame design.
  14. A

Columbia Torpedo

Thank you for the help. I had already gone to that site. I confirmed again the number on the bike is B102092. The site says 1956 Columbia serial numbers went from B500-B95332, then started again with C numbers. So where would this number have come from? I feel it is definitely a Columbia bike...
  15. A

I appreciate your response. Does this photo of the dropouts help? If not Shelby, what might it be? Thanks!
  16. A

Lets see your Columbia's!

I'm looking for help with this Columbia Torpedo. I just posted this in Fresh Finds. I cannot find any info about this model of Columbia. The serial number appears to be B102092. Were they a tank bike? How many years was this model built? Your help with information is appreciated. Thanks!
  17. A

I found this Western Flyer at auction recently. I assumed it was possibly prewar because of the straight down bar. [img][/img] The serial number is P531663. I thought maybe it was a frankenbike with an amateur restoration. Then I found a 1937 Western Flyer catalog online that said the base...
  18. A

Columbia Torpedo

Sorry for the delay!
  19. A

Columbia Torpedo

Just found this straight bar. Chainguard says Columbia, headbadge says "Torpedo", Westfield Mfg. Co. Serial number appears to be B102092. I cannot find anything about this bike. Would it have had a tank? How many years would Torpedos have been built? What year? Thanks...
  20. A

Schwinn 26 X 1.75 tire

Sorry I am asking many questions and haven't posted a photo, I will soon. I checked the bike again and it has a bolt on kickstand. If you search SchwinnTornado on this sight there are references to a 1958 Tornado having a bolt on kickstand and a single lower bar. Thanks. Craig
Back