JC Higgins tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me with the value of this JC Higgins tanker? I'm not very familiar with JCH, but this appears to be a post war (1947-48) standard tanker, not a premium bike but a very clean and well preserved example of a late 40's rider.

I know price will vary geographically, but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

What absolute perfect timing. I just assembled this almost exact bicycle today! There are some differences, as mine is a rarely seen 1948 Columbia built JC Higgins. Yours was built by Murray. Mine is not in as nice of condition as this one, but still very nice. My bike was in pieces and very dirty when I bought and it and it cost me a total of nearly $400 including shipping. I was happy to pay the price, because it satisfied the requirements of two bikes in one for me and rarity played a role as well.
Do you own the bike? If so would you be so kind as to take some photos for me? I have some questions about about some parts that I believe are wrong on mine, or just plain missing.
I need a shot of the area where the kickstand mounts to the frame, and a good shot of the kickstand. I need a shot of the headlight. I need a shot of the back of the rear fender. I need a shot of the fender reflector. And I need a shot of the seat, hopefully showing the makers stamp.
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry, I don't have it yet, but if I get it I will take photos for you!

Thanks! Good luck, I hope that you get it. Definitely a good bike, and you don't see ton's of them around. At least a lot less than the deluxe models. Something very appealing about the standard model to me, basically, because this is what the average middle class kids rode.

marko..............sorry, I didn't get the JCH so cannot take photos for you. It was at auction so for a variety of reasons I did not end up with it. The bike was nice, but not as nice as I had hoped when I saw it in person. Thank you all for your help.

Back