Columbia Torpedo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this straight bar. Chainguard says Columbia, headbadge says "Torpedo", Westfield Mfg. Co. Serial number appears to be B102092. I cannot find anything about this bike. Would it have had a tank? How many years would Torpedos have been built? What year? Thanks.

"C:\Users\Agan\Pictures\Phone Pictures\Dropbox\Camera Uploads\2013-09-05 19.06.53.jpg"

Sorry, looks like I'm not getting photos transferred. Will try again tomorrow.

Thank you for the help. I had already gone to that site. I confirmed again the number on the bike is B102092. The site says 1956 Columbia serial numbers went from B500-B95332, then started again with C numbers. So where would this number have come from? I feel it is definitely a Columbia bike with Columbia on the chain guard, and on the head badge besides 'Torpedo" it says Westfield Mfg. Co., Westfield, Mass.

My hope was that someone with a lot of Columbia knowledge would be familiar with the Torpedo nameplate or the reason the serial number doesn't show up in the listings.

Again, all help is appreciated!

Still looking for ID help. Has anyone ever seen a "Torpedo" badged Westfield? I'm guessing this is about 1956, but am curious about how many years they might have been produced. Help is sincerely appreciated!

Back