Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ElChupacabra

Help with this 30's? Elgin...

What would you value it at? Stuff tends to be pretty expensive here and bikes like this don't pop up often... Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. ElChupacabra

Yeah I found a lot of information on the CABE. I don't really post over there or read that forum much but I often look there for info. A few threads on there are what helped me date the hub. I noticed the fork. I'd be interested to see what you guys think this is worth still. The owner is...
  3. ElChupacabra

I've done some extensive digging and this bike appears to be from 1912 or very close to there. I was able to date the hub based on more information provided by the owner. I wish I had the cash for this bike now. Makes me sad to have such a gem pop up close to me and not be able to grab it...
  4. ElChupacabra

Rat Roadies

That's a beauty. Im starting a similar style build shortly.
  5. ElChupacabra

Rat Roadies

Late 70's ALL PRO Kmart brand bike... BERFORE AFTER I put the drop bars back on with red rap. I didn't like the straight bar look at all...
  6. ElChupacabra

Looking for some help IDing and putting a valuation on this bike. Described as late 30's Elgin. Has a Morrow rear hub, Troxel seat, and 28" wheels with Allstate Crusaders on the bike now. I asked for the date stamp off the hub from the owner. He doesn't know anything about the bike other...
  7. ElChupacabra

K-Mart ALL-PRO 10sp...

Scored this sweet late 70's ALL-PRO road bike. Was looking for a cheap bike to do a fixie conversion. Found exactly what I was looking for. Ended up replacing everything except the frame, seat post, stem, and front brake caliper... Before: After: I put the front brake back on after...
  8. ElChupacabra

Felt, Electra or....

Not stickers on the Rat Rod. Its printed paint. I have one and Ive been slowly getting rid of the flames... Its an AMAZING bike though. I really like Electra.
  9. ElChupacabra

hi from Phila!

Hey man. Welcome. Live near Philly too. Where you at?
  10. ElChupacabra

Apes and Tall bike illegal in California?

If you know how to ride a Fixie like a Hipster you shouldnt have any problems making one tire skid to a stop. So eat that officer.... lol. They are trying to pass all kinds of crazy bike laws this month in Philadelphia because some idiot pedestrian stepped in front a bicycle and actually died...
  11. ElChupacabra

Stuck stem wedge

I would also suggest driving it from the bottom. Thats how I got the last two wedges out I had jammed in forks....
  12. ElChupacabra

delta7sports wired carbon frames

Isnt that extremely unsafe to have a member of the public jumping on a round tube? Could easily fall pretty hard and get really injured. I saw one of those frames in person. Really awesome....
  13. ElChupacabra

9ike Industries Presents: The 9mm

Made progress last night. Welded in the stretch bottome tube and decided what I wanted for a top tube. I should have time to finish the welding this week. I was standing outside have a smoke at work when the most rad idea hit me like a bus. Thinking about building a custom rack for the rear...
  14. ElChupacabra

The Tank Rat

I hear ya Stretch. My point is this... I sure want a spaceship but I dont know the first thing about building one. You can be sure though if I had enough money to pay somebody else to build one I would fork over the cash. :lol:
  15. ElChupacabra

The Tank Rat

I think you guys might be forgetting what a pain in the *ss it can be to get crusty old bikes apart. There are lots of times I would rather take a bike to a shop and have them deal with getting through 40 years of rust to remove a crankset or such. If he can afford to pay the man for new parts...
  16. ElChupacabra

9ike industries presents: Cloud 9. now with foot brake!

Its so rad. Glad its finally coming together. Why is your apartment so clean?
  17. ElChupacabra

How to fishmouth tube???

So Ive just been using a grinder to fishmouth tubes for custom building. I was just curious if anybody had a better solution. I know you can use hole saws to do it as well in a drill press but it seems like youd need an elaborate clamp system to hold the pipe at the right angle and such. Post...
  18. ElChupacabra

Sawsall time

Looks rad. Let the sawzall loose on that vintage stuff! Dont forget to set the original Schwinn stuff on fire too for increased patina. And most importantly post your carnage over on The CABE....
  19. ElChupacabra

Simplerat

Absolutely flippin brilly. Love this bike so hard....
  20. ElChupacabra

Another Swinger

Super rad. I really wanna try a swing bike. Might have to throw one together after I finish my Anything Goes project...
Back