Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jimmybug

Not building a Zep rat

You made me google Kelly bars, and now, of course, I need a set or three. Between those and that frame, I'm pretty jelly! Remember: no polishing. :wink:
  2. Jimmybug

making a camelback

Whoa, this is nice! Interesting choice with all the white components. Looks good with the grey. I do think you should risk the drill bits and drill the cranks, since you put the idea in my head... I hope your wife is doing better!
  3. Jimmybug

Monark Rocket Rat "Super Swift"

Thanks man, glad I didn't totally disgrace your frame! I'll bring it to school sometime, once I get my hands on a quieter exhaust system. Right now it's waking babies in Ohio when I ride it. Say, that's really nice! I definitely take that in a good way. When I build up another bike, I'd like to...
  4. Jimmybug

BoilerMaker- my 2nd Tall bike updated 8/07

Wow, looks great in green! ...and still crazy, even with the more standard handlebar setup. Well done. Am I right that you are using the derailleur as a chain tensioner only?
  5. Jimmybug

Thought I'd take a moment to share the "fruit" of my labor. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) It isn't quite finished, and I wired something wrong--the indicator light I put on the back comes on when I flip the switch, but the main LED assembly isn't coming on. I'm running it off the engine, so this...
  6. Jimmybug

First build name change again.. "Bulli"

I absolutely love the paint on this. I'm curious about the bars: are they painted? I can't quite tell in the photos, but I CAN tell that they look great. I think they make the bike. Nice solution with the headlights, too. I'd spring for the brown QBs. Would look great with the green!
  7. Jimmybug

Anyone here ever made a headlight out of a coconut? Cuz I'm about to give it a go. I thought the three LEDs matched the three eyes nicely. Not sure about a lens yet though. Now to teach myself a little bit about electrical stuff and how to solder...
  8. Jimmybug

Board tracker

What an interesting build-- With that high engine and exhaust placement, it looks pretty "scrambler"-like. I just recently laced a 26" rim to a Puch hub for this build http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38789. It was my first time building a wheel, and wasn't that hard. (I...
  9. Jimmybug

Re: Monark Rocket "Super Swift" - New Fork Thanks fellas! My brother and I have been brainstorming some non-traditional buckets for the front light. We'll see how that turns out down the road... Dr. T, it's from a late-70s Puch Maxi. I believe they ran the same fork clear through the 1980s...
  10. Jimmybug

It's been a while! I dropped off the face of the internet for a while there. Indeed it does. In fact, it attracted many spiders and cobwebs over the summer, as I was either out of the country or too busy to do anything with it until this past weekend. I did manage to get the Puch fork to fit...
  11. Jimmybug

new guy w a few finds

Welcome! I'm relatively FOTB too. Your fiance's bike is bangin'! The whitewalls and seat really set off the colors. I almost wish there were white grips on it still, but more than anything it looks great. That layered/delayered paint look is one of my favorites on a rat rod. Best of luck with...
  12. Jimmybug

BoilerMaker- my 2nd Tall bike updated 8/07

Re: BoilerMaker That's great, never seen one like this before. How high is that seat from the ground? I've always wanted to ride a penny farthing, but this might be even more fun.
  13. Jimmybug

Hollywood 24" Stepthrough

Here's one I refinished last summer for my sister to roll around campus on. I got this from a lady for $10, which is more than it was worth... totally seized up with rust, dry rot and age, and the paint, although original, was rubbish. The stem was bonded to the steerer tube, and chain was shot...
  14. Jimmybug

Asymetrical trike (la Chouineuse)

Fantastic. I'm also curious about braking. Looks like maybe a coaster brake on the "one" wheel, in which case, does the bike tend to swing around when stopping hard? The mirrored curves of the "top tubes" and the big tire is especially beautiful. Well done! I'll be in studying in Paris...
  15. Jimmybug

LOWLIFE LIMO

Wimpy, my first three thoughts were, in order, "heck yes, that bike is awesome!" "look at those handlebars!" and "Needs a bigger front wheel." (I'm partial to 29ers, so you can't blame me) It was great before, but that bigger wheel adds at least 11% better looks, maybe even 12%. I'm not a...
  16. Jimmybug

Cobrafreak's board track racer project, has ended

Re: Cobrafreak's board track racer project, never ends! This bike is looking TOO RADICAL. That new engine is an inspiration... The whole bike is an inspiration, to be fair. I've been helping a friend tear down an old 70's Super Bronc mini bike, runs a very similar belt transmission. Very Cool...
  17. Jimmybug

Saved from the scrap pile

Gotta love a free bike! REALLY gotta love two of them... worth it for the banana seat alone, I say. Cool boots on the "suspension," too.
  18. Jimmybug

Is this a Motorcycle Seat ???

That's gotta be a motorcycle seat.... but put it on a bicycle!
  19. Jimmybug

Do You "Road Bike"?

Sure do! I'm also riding an 80's Raleigh. Mine's a red Pursuit... I live out in the sticks, so a skinny is the only way to go for serious transportation. Here it is this past winter in Kentucky: Right now she's lightened up for nice weather... running no fenders, baskets or racks, plus a new...
  20. Jimmybug

Miss Summerwine

Agree with peatbog. That is such a nice color! Can't wait to see it finished, I'm sure it will be great. Are you going to use the cream or black Franks? That other bike behind it is looking good, too
Back