Not building a Zep rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I'm going to try some reverse psychology on myself, maybe this time I'll actually finish a build :D

I've never built a "rat bike" before, phew, ok I said it. I have a hard time not shining things up or obsessing about the details, I'm going to try to let that go this time, we'll see.

Fixed this X53 fork that has been on the shelf for 2 years and dropped it into the Zep frame I picked up a few weeks ago. I kind of like the look of the straight fork legs with the straight down tube. On the fender is a horn that I'll be powering somehow. The Kelly adjustable bars just looked right, and If I change my mind I can change the bars. Crankset is on the way.

092911001.jpg

092911002.jpg

oh man, that's a very sic bike. going to be a great build. I am watching this one. now get to buildin.lol

Outlaw 8)

Funny, you would think building a rat bike would be no problem. Just slap on a bunch of rusty parts but but it is easy to get stuck trying to create this down & dirty look. I had a temporary stale on Social Deviation but decided instead of looking at the big picture I would work on smaller details one step at a time so this has helped to rejuvenate the project.

I love Zep frames...they have to be the best looking frame around. Felt must have used a "Zep" to inspire their cruiser frames.....What kind of crank are you gonna put on it Walker?

Back