new guy w a few finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
posted in the intro but thought id do the same here...
Just joined after checking out the site the last few days... recently picked up a bike off craigslist for thirty bucks for my fiance and did a clean up of the og paint (under 3 layers of red and 1 grey) and a quick freshen up. 1958 schwinn spitfire.

before and afters (i hate the seat but its comfy for the misses)

IMAG0718.jpg

IMAG0740.jpg

IMAG0725.jpg

IMAG0744.jpg

so, i was jealous and decided to look for myself... found these guys for cheap and am currently in the research and cleanup phase so if anyone has any info let me know. i have plans for both so ill be starting a few threads and asking alot of questions. i know the flyer is a repro so im toying with a boardtrack theme and plan on cleaning the murray and enjoying... ill have better pics soon, just got em.

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0878.jpg

That's a nice looking collection, and I love the finish on the fiance's bike: pure Rat Rod. :D

Welcome! I'm relatively FOTB too. Your fiance's bike is bangin'! The whitewalls and seat really set off the colors. I almost wish there were white grips on it still, but more than anything it looks great. That layered/delayered paint look is one of my favorites on a rat rod.

Best of luck with your own rides.

Thanks for the comments. I went back and forth but also want to put an older style seat in white as well as white grips and pedal blocks on hers to finish it off. Im off work tomorrow so will be starting a thread on my bikes this week....

Back