Monark Rocket Rat "Super Swift"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here ever made a headlight out of a coconut? Cuz I'm about to give it a go.
I thought the three LEDs matched the three eyes nicely. Not sure about a lens yet though.
coconutlight.jpg

Now to teach myself a little bit about electrical stuff and how to solder...

Thought I'd take a moment to share the "fruit" of my labor. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) It isn't quite finished, and I wired something wrong--the indicator light I put on the back comes on when I flip the switch, but the main LED assembly isn't coming on. I'm running it off the engine, so this is going to take some research to fix.

[!!! EDIT !!!] Turns out I'm just bad at soldering-- I took the light apart and noticed a joint had broken. Easy fix! I still need to find a nice lens for the light though. I'm going to take it for a spin tonight to see how well the light works. Regardless, it will definitely help with cars seeing me!

SuperSwift-28.jpg

SuperSwift-5.jpg

this thing is hilarious, and I mean that in a good way. So much to look at, and sort of whimsical. great build.

El Duderino said:
i never figured it would ever end up this sweet
Thanks man, glad I didn't totally disgrace your frame! I'll bring it to school sometime, once I get my hands on a quieter exhaust system. Right now it's waking babies in Ohio when I ride it.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
this thing is hilarious, and I mean that in a good way. So much to look at, and sort of whimsical. great build.
Say, that's really nice! I definitely take that in a good way. When I build up another bike, I'd like to do a more serious, well-finished build, but I think the junkyard approach worked out this time.

Back