The Lightning Flyer 12/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lightning Flyer UPDATE 9/3

Boardtrack fan said:
Great to see this build progressing. I think I have the wheels from the original version. I bought them from the Flying Dingo. Really looking forward to the finished bike.
I think he had those wheels on the bike that he wrecked/got a concussion on. Watch out, they might be cursed :shock:

Re: The Lightning Flyer UPDATE 9/5

Decided to put my DK cranks on it for now, don't mind the sprocket, I have a Wald skiptooth coming. Not sure if I like the white plastic pedals, may paint an old set of platform pedals creme. Took the bike for it's first test coast and it feels really good. I should have it rideable by next weekend.

IMG_2653.jpg

IF it were mine id would loose the pedals......they just dont fit this one
if it were multi-speed,disc brake,,3 peice crank,street rod type bike they work but this one they dont :wink:

just my opinion.......and yeah im sure the masses will disagree :lol:

How about this. Streamers, doggie basket, and rainbow spokie-dokes. :p

sokiedokes.jpg

Switch the pedals, I know, I know.

thats not a dog! you need something like this in there. :lol:
boxer.jpg

Re: The Lightning Flyer UPDATE 9/8

OK, back to business. I'm still going with platform pedals, my feet and block pedals do not get along well. I'll probably do them bare aluminum, or maybe paint them up to look like block pedals, not sure yet. I got the tanks back because my buddy is too busy to weld right now, no big deal. I'm thinking that since I went through all this trouble to build aluminum tanks, I should leave part of the sides polished with the lightning flyer script over it. I'll figure that out when the time comes. I'm just itching to ride the thing for a month or two before winter.

IMG_2654.jpg

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I have really flat arches in my feet so I need pedals that spread the pressure around as much as possible.

As long as nobody knocks my pink tanks I'm good :lol: Those pedals were pretty bad though.

Re: The Lightning Flyer UPDATE 9/11

Got my sprocket today (thanks 2manybikes) It was burned in a fire and has a groovy rainbow look to it now. This will match my rainbow spokie-dokes perfectly! :p
It finally looks like a bike to me, oh wait I still need a chain. No one has a 56" long chain? :cry:

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

Re: The Lightning Flyer FIRST RIDE 9/18

Finally found a chain (thanks CCR) and she's ready to ride.

Here's what it looked like May, 08
2539595901_04bc673507_b.jpg

And here's what it looks like today. Note the high tech tank straps (duct tape :lol: )
bike2.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Gonna hit the 8 mile trail and see how she feels.

Is the bike green? I'm colorblind, I thought this primer was gray? :oops:

Looks like Army green to me. Whatever color- looks good.

necessaryevil said:
Is the bike green? I'm colorblind, I thought this primer was gray? :oops:

Maybe it's just the photos. I could see how it might be called a dark gray. The bike is looking great!

Back