Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

Need opinions and ideas, your $.02 inside!

ok, so i have a murray monterey, mens and womens. i think with the womans bike im going to do a powder blue with white accents and do kinda a 50's hotrod theme. i have the chain guard painted nice deep, metal flake dark blue, and i think that ill put that on something else since its got 9 coats...
  2. D

bars go one way, forks go the other

ok, so i got my first long bike and its been a b*tch with a few geometrical mistakes...but whatever, ill make it work! the issue im having is the fork is sooo raked its .... near close to horizontal, and when i ride the front wheel will flop to either the left or right no matter how hard i...
  3. D

Need Paint/Rehab/Cheap Parts Ideas Please!

Ive started Charleston Bike Rescue & Rehab, and most of the bikes Ive got and sold Ive just repainted flat black. Ive done other colours,but I need ideas. Pics appreciated I am hoping to do some bikes to appeal to the college crowd, and all I have access to is walmart and auto places for rattle...
  4. D

need paint help fast!

ok, im working on this bike and had it completely painted and all was well, but the finish was slightly rough in some spots. i wet sanded the bike 100% with 2000 grit, let it dry then repainted. now several spots keep wrinkling up and just coming off like a .... blister while others are orange...
  5. D

hello from charleston sc!

im new to the site, a friend turned me onto this place. since i started lurking here, ive started charleston bike rescue and rehab, taking old beat up bikes people dont want anymore because its cheaper to buy a walmart bike now and fixing them to useable and selling to broke college kids and...
  6. D

need any info on schwinn (edit *hollywood) breeze

just wondering, i just started to get into old bikes, im used to getting about 10 murray montereys a week, lol. i picked up an orange hollywood in need of a few spokes, but in otherwise good condition. it was stored on its side under a house, so the left white grip is brown. anyway to clean...
  7. D

need spray paint help

okie, so ive been redoing several bikes. ive never had the best results in keeping the paint on after i get it all pretty on the bike. i use krylon and rustoleum cans. heres what i do: sand whole bike with 400 grit primer with self etching, several light coats till uniform colour sand down...
  8. D

murray olympic bike? fond one, need info

ill post pics as soon as i can figure out how. i found, for a whopping $10 what was thought to be a 60's touring bike. 3 speed shimmano on the bar, knuckle grips, tan leather seat and it looked brown. after i cleaned it up (that took a while...) i found its purple. dark, metallic purple...
  9. D

Paint, wheel and fender help

ok, so i decided to pick up a few bikes for cheap, paint em henry ford style (you can have any colour you want as long as its flat black) and sell them. ive bought and sold a few bikes, but im venturing out onto craigslist to drum up some more revenue. my questions are thus: after ive painted...
Back