Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Gary Mc

1961 Huffy Eldorado "remake"

OK, so here's my 1961 Huffy Eldorado customized as a great riding beach cruiser originally a middleweight now with a Shimano Nexus 3 speed and new 26x2.125 balloon tires/wheels combo. It is my daily rider and is a really comfortable rider particularly at the beach. Just a lightweight somewhat...
  2. Gary Mc

Morning Ride & Photo Shoot - 1930 Hartford

We have had torrential rains almost daily all summer in the Atlanta GA area so the Hartford had been ridden very little and I hadn't had a good opportunity to take decent pics of it since it was finished. So this morning we had a bright sunny day and I decided to take it out for a spin in...
  3. Gary Mc

Bike Vacation - Hwy 30A in the Florida Panhandle

Went on a great vacation last week to Florida Highway 30A in the Florida panhandle. We rented a house just across 30A from the beach at Seacrest Beach with great views of the Gulf of Mexico. Rode bikes along 30A in the communities of Rosemary Beach, Aly's Beach, Seacrest Beach, Seagrove Beach...
  4. Gary Mc

1915 Sears Chief - The Orange Chief - my new project

Just got one of the top bicycles on my Top 5 wanted list, a 1915 Sears Chief thanks to CABE member Bricycle. Ever since RRB member "backpedaler" brought this bike to the surface in February 2012 (before Bri bought it) I had been wanting to see what's under that orange paint, now I'm getting my...
  5. Gary Mc

Late 1950s Girardengo Twin Bar Road Bike - Made in Italy

OK, so I made a purchase truly out of character for me. Number one it is not made in the good ole USA and number two it is a road bike. This last year I realized I have to get some weight off at 252 lbs. and 6 ft. tall so I need to ride a lot more. At 52 years old I am out of shape & time to...
  6. Gary Mc

"Corbin & New Departure Hub Dating Project"

I usually post everything I do both here on RRB & on the CABE as members of both with friends on both but started a thread on the CABE only I thought might be of interest to some RRB members interested particularly in pre-1933 bikes. I have been posting items at such a rapid rate it was just not...
  7. Gary Mc

1927 Stutz Motor-Bike built by Pope/Westfield Mfg

Starting a new project soon that will move ahead of my 1930 Columbia Arch Bar so starting a new Builds thread on it. Bought the bike & handlebars from 2 different CABE members & got them last week. Did some assembly to take pics & then fully dismantled for a winter 2013 restoration this...
  8. Gary Mc

new guy here just saying hello

Welcome to RRB. If I'm going to need it for a build now or potentially down the road I obviously keep it, if not it goes for sale here on RRB or the CABE to help fellow hobbyists out with their builds, then to ebay if it doesn't sell on RRB or CABE.
  9. Gary Mc

1930 Columbia Arch-Bar by Westfield Mfg. - My 2013 build

Here she is, fork is wrong and will be changed but this is my next build, a 1930 Columbia Archbar. This bike will be a very LONG-TERM build but already had 2 hard to find parts for it when I bought the frame. It will go back to original specs & will be a great match to my 1930 Hartford. I will...
  10. Gary Mc

Gary Mc from Buford GA

Been on here posting for about a month now and realized never did an intro. Live in Buford GA and am a telecom project manager here in Atlanta, married, with a 24 year old son (who still rides his early 90s Redline BMX regularly). Turned 50 last year and got back into biking to get in shape...
  11. Gary Mc

1930 Hartford by Westfield - Finally on the Road!!!!!!!!

NOTE: Started this under gallery but moving it to post as more appropriate to go through this build there. Thanks. My first build was a 1961 Huffy Eldorado which I finished as a rat rod beach cruiser in May. For my second build I wanted a semi-rare prewar bike so went searching on ebay...
  12. Gary Mc

1930 Hartford by Westfield Mfg - My 2nd build

My first build was a 1961 Huffy Eldorado which I finished as a rat rod beach cruiser in May. For my second build I wanted a semi-rare prewar bike so went searching on ebay. After about a month of looking on ebay & at other great rat rod builds on this site, one bike (a 30 day listing) kept...
  13. Gary Mc

My first build is a 1961 Huffy Eldorado

This is my first real build although I worked in a local bike shop in the 70's as a teenager so I did have some skills. It is a 1961 Huffy Eldorado. Free frame from my brother-in-law. It was his bike as a kid and he was going to toss it as all the chrome was in really bad shape including the...
Back