1961 Huffy Eldorado "remake"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so here's my 1961 Huffy Eldorado customized as a great riding beach cruiser originally a middleweight now with a Shimano Nexus 3 speed and new 26x2.125 balloon tires/wheels combo. It is my daily rider and is a really comfortable rider particularly at the beach. Just a lightweight somewhat klunker version. I've had it built up like this for 3 years now & love it like this but I like playing with ideas too......

Here's a mockup of where I'm going for it's next iteration for a little more originality and I want it to say 1960 Custom, fins-the rear rack does that for me, jets, rockets, and flash. I'm putting the rack & chain guard back on it with some Wald aftermarket balloon fenders that will get a little modification to fit. It originally had a Delta Wren light which I am not fond of nor do I find it flashy enough for what I'm going for so I have a Delta Jet Rocket on the way that will be painted to match the bike. The saddle already says 50's tuck & roll with some flash in the chrome chassis. The extra flash will come from the chrome balloon fenders and new chrome wheels with whitewall tires.

This bike will be repainted at some point back original with maybe a few extra pinstripes thrown in. I also changed out the kickstand to a Velo Orange Porteur drop stand. I love these stands, they work great and not nearly as many worries with the bike falling over. It will remain a balloon tire bike with the Shimano Nexus 3 speed or maybe even be upgraded to an SN 8-speed. I still want it to be a great rider.

Anyway that's where I think I'm headed with my old Huffy. A little old school early rock & roll custom with a little extra flash.

Real nice job Gary, I really like the old Huffy's, bet she's nice with the Nexus 3 speed. 8)

Latest posts

Back