Gary Mc from Buford GA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been on here posting for about a month now and realized never did an intro. Live in Buford GA and am a telecom project manager here in Atlanta, married, with a 24 year old son (who still rides his early 90s Redline BMX regularly). Turned 50 last year and got back into biking to get in shape, then my brother-in-law offered me his rusted up 61' Huffy Eldorado which my sister wanted him to carry to good will and the bug went full blown. I started lurking on here staring at this site watching all the great builds and looking for ideas on what to do to the Huffy. Finished the Huffy in May and had so much fun with it and wanted to do another build so bought a 1930 Hartford made by Westfield Manufacturing which I am currently working on. My other bike that I used to "try" to get back in shape is a 2007 Mongoose XR-250 "Walmart special" mountain bike. It is a great bike (for a Walmart bike) but definitely not a rat rod bike and find myself working too much and riding too little but trying to do better in that department. I may even rat rod it a little somewhere down the road. Here's my stable including the project:

1961 Huffy Eldorado "rat rod beach cruiser"
1961HuffyEldoradoCruiser2.jpg

1930 Hartford build
1930Hartford_WestfieldMfg00.jpg

2007 Mongoose XR-250
image001-3.jpg

Thanks & love chatting back & forth on Rat Rod Bikes.

Thanks Rat Rod & Fireproof. Yes Fireproof, I used a Shimano Nexus 3 speed on the Huffy. Works great and easy on an old man LOL.

WELCOME I TOO BEEN LURKING FOR A WHILE GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE FROM GA. I TO HAVE A 25 YEAR OLD SON BUT HE SHARES NO INTEREST IN BIKES HOPE 2 SEE YALL AT THE SHOW IN DALLAS GA. JULY 30

I'll be in Dallas on the 30th BOWTIEBOY. Hope to meet you. Mine shares an interest in bikes but only riding, not tinkering, building, etc.

Back