>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> Halibrand Knock-Offs added!

gazelle_24_d.jpg

^ Added my 'third' fender :mrgreen:

As can be seen on my concept-sketsch the fender continues beyond the brace right down to the chainstays. Today I found some time to work on it and managed to finish the fender, except for paint... Don't know when I 'll be able again to do that...

gazelle_24_a.jpg

^ The same as the previous one. I cut the remainder of the green fender to lenght and split them in two halves. From a flat piece of ribbed aluminum I made a bla bla bla... (see previous fender)

gazelle_24_b.jpg

^ This time was much easier though... I knew beforehand how I was going to attach everything so this time all went well at first try.

gazelle_24_c.jpg

^ And here we have it. The COMPLETE rearfender :wink: ...Just wait till you see it in black. 8)

gazelle_recent_1-1.jpg

Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> 3rd fender added!

gazelle_recent_1-1.jpg

that seriously does not look like the same bik. I know the frame and fork are the same but if I did not know, I wouldnt know.
Great job that is a kick butt bike.

motopsyco said:
deorman said:
Problem is, in a state of anarchy, no-one is making bicycles. :wink:
actually in such a state of freedom anyone could make bicycles :wink: !
Fine, you mine the iron, smelt it, build machinery to draw it into tubing and channels of a specified standard measure and machine the working surfaces on the moving parts,, make and vulcanize the rubber or crack the petro and loom the cord for the tires, I'll do the rest. :p You probably could make one of these. :mrgreen:

81139.jpg

skillsthebarber said:
that seriously does not look like the same bik. I know the frame and fork are the same but if I did not know, I wouldnt know. Great job that is a kick butt bike.

Thanks. It's also the same stem, same seatpost, same sprocket, and the same cranckassembly you see in the 'before' pic.
Just proving that you actually CAN pollish a turd...
:wink:

Petrohead said:
Wow. Looked great before but now is perfect :!:
motopsyco said:
This build make me want to change to a diamond frame just for the simple elegance of it.
Looks even better than last time I checked in.

Thanks. With every update on the bike I try to make it look better...

motopsyco said:
deorman said:
Problem is, in a state of anarchy, no-one is making bicycles. :wink:
actually in such a state of freedom anyone could make bicycles :wink: !

I'd like to go for the romantic aspect of anarchy:
All the bikes anybody would ever need have already been build.

bike is really taking shape! 8) love the fat frank/third fender combination in that frame! very creative work. :D

i think the paint for this bike should be the black and orange combo, gives it the harley davidson effect!!

GET'ER DONE!!

Thanks guys!

Gold Street Customs said:
Just keeps getting better, I will say this, I think you have some of the best documentation with your builds, very impressive :wink:

Thanks. Or sorry? Yeah, I tend to fill my buildthread with pics. On- and Offtopic. But I like to show everything and anything about my bike. How I did what I've done. I love to see that on other builds so I think others will like it as well if I do that too. I feel keeping up a buildthread is almost just as fun as the build itself.
Oh, and to show that the stuff from different positions making sure it looks good from any angle you look at it.

axsepul said:
i think the paint for this bike should be the black and orange combo, gives it the harley davidson effect!!
GET'ER DONE!!

That would be indeed a nice combo...
And, I'd wish I could finish the bike soon, but I've got lot's of other stuff to do... Hope I can escape from work anytime soon...

herr_rudolf said:
I feel keeping up a buildthread is almost just as fun as the build itself.

+1

I love updating my build thread and photoing everything and sharing my "secrets" in hopes that people will follow along and maybe even learn something.

Great bike! I'm looking at the 3 piece spliced fender and wishing the tabs were underneath the side pieces. That way there'd be an uninterupted line. You could just have bullet nuts (or I think they're called acorn nuts) on the top. I think it would look more streamlined.

yoothgeye said:
I love updating my build thread and photoing everything and sharing my "secrets" in hopes that people will follow along and maybe even learn something.

I've learned a lot, not only form someone else's thread but also from my own thread! RRB is a great place 8)

maxshnel said:
Great bike! I'm looking at the 3 piece spliced fender and wishing the tabs were underneath the side pieces. That way there'd be an uninterupted line. You could just have bullet nuts (or I think they're called acorn nuts) on the top. I think it would look more streamlined.

Thanks!
Hadn't really thought of that... But my initial idea was to mount the aluminum ribbed strip directly to a fender. The fender was not wide enough for the tire and it had a slight concave to it. Also the '26inch' radius of it meant that I was not able to mount it too high 'above' the 28/29inch tire. As you can see in the pic below the fender almost touches the tire. Then there's these bolts that hold everything together. Small as they are they DO have some thicknes to keep in mind. You definately do NOT want the tire to touch those... So, no room for tabs underneath the spliced pieces:

gazelle_26_a.jpg

^ Almost touching the tire...

So............
The different 'levels' have been created out of necessity rather than that I orignally designed it that way. But I kinda prefer seeing the 'construction' of what I've built as opposed to a smooth fender with some kinky nuts attached to it. This way you immediately see why those acorn nuts are mounted there. The fender came out nicer than I could have designed...

'We just love these happy little accidents...'
(Bob Ross)

Hmm. I see what you mean. It does look cool from the side like that; kind of robotic and industrial.

"And maybe a little pine tree lives out here on this rock..."
(Bob Ross)

maxshnel said:
Hmm. I see what you mean. It does look cool from the side like that; kind of robotic and industrial.

"And maybe a little pine tree lives out here on this rock..."
(Bob Ross)

I could hear Bob's voice when I read the Bob Ross quote. Really made me laugh, THANKS!!

This is one of my favorite builds!Your fenders(past and present)make me drool like a St.Bernard :!: This bike is so classy and I enjoy the pics from every angle.Kinda makes me feel like I'm seeing it in person.You are very talented and I can't wait to see the bike when it's finished.Keepup the great work!

Latest posts

Back