rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or, I can stop being lazy and do it now.
eada3590ff7b329d81485e5b3ef73d89.jpg
aeea15f2fecfc77b52fc04e6bb332c5f.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

...I'm one of those that stopped watching when Rusty retired and Dale died. It just don't seem the same, oh and there's the Toyota thing.
Rusty and Mark's (the first one :confused:) retirements significantly reduced my watching...no real 'personalities' left, just drivers. But, the 'car of tomorrow' was the nail in the coffin for me...the cars are all the same, just the stickers change...boring :(.

Jason

Or, I can stop being lazy and do it now.
With that attitude you might just finish on time or something! :rofl:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I like the other tires and the cardboard mockup tank.

But, yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

With that attitude you might just finish on time or something! :rofl:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I like the other tires and the cardboard mockup tank.

But, yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Finish on time? This is only part of it, plus taking a month off. I might finish on time.

I like the cardboard tank too, just have to see a full version of it. I like the Columbia tank, I bought it for this build. But I really don't like that it covers the frame darts. And I never intended to use the other tires, just happened to be on the mock up wheels.

You won't find one at Lowe's. I went through this last year building the Bhuzzard.
100_8717_zpsuxqtgkzt.jpg

The best deal that I found was HERE on feePay. (1"-24 TPI Right Hand Thread).
Ok, so my die showed up today. Pleasant surprise.
My question TRM, is the pic self explanatory? Looks like you locked the die in the vise, and turned the fork by hand.

Ok, so my die showed up today. Pleasant surprise.
My question TRM, is the pic self explanatory? Looks like you locked the die in the vise, and turned the fork by hand.
Yes. Because I didn't have a proper handle, I ground off a flat spot on opposing sides so that I wouldn't have to crank the vise very tight to keep it from slipping. I suppose you could use a pipe wrench or make a handle to turn the die, but that seemed to work pretty good for me. Also, make sure to use cutting oil like Tap Magic and work the threads a little at a time and backing out periodically as you go.

Looking great man I personally like the look of the second picture with the tank . It just has a great flow . One of a kind cool [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for all white huffy tires for my daughters bike Nel Lusso 26x2.35

Looking for all white huffy tires for my daughters bike Nel Lusso 26x2.35

You might be able to get them on eBay, also might check with some local bike shops.

I finally got my steer tube threaded, not the best way to go about it but it's done.
Don't try this at home!
e8cbb0dc17644cff4d74e402d8f5e91b.jpg

Still have spacers right now, but will cut the tube down.
3dd9b3bbab465d85cce2c4c6d62c0982.jpg

I'll have to cut more threads in the trusses and cut them down too.

Now can anyone tell me how to determine thread count/pitch on the truss rods, wanna make sure I use the right die.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Looks like you got it figured out . I like your idea with the tree [emoji106]

Bravo! Encore! Sit back and admire it with a Falstaff brew

Lookin' good! Not sure about the thread size on the truss rods, but you should be able to take a nut with you to Lowe's, Home Depot etc. and check it in the bolts isle.
That's an idea, will have to do that.

Looks like you got it figured out . I like your idea with the tree [emoji106]

That pipe wrench looks like it could tell a tale or 2. Nice use of the tree....looks good.,,:thumbsup:
The tree is all I could think to use in the situation.
That wrench has been around a very long time.

Bravo! Encore! Sit back and admire it with a Falstaff brew
I'm gonna have to see if Falstaff beer is available here.

Back