rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Yea I know, long title.
Don't worry the build is called rELEVENt SETBACK.
I'm just excited to start.

Anyway, we've all had setbacks at some point. Hence the name. My original idea fell through, so I'm building one of my " on my list" bikes.
Special thanks to @late for dinner for the rELEVENt.

Here's my start.
708cbd17f8c9e6461a1459af7e926590.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
My beer guzzling thespian, you already have a prize.....Longest Title! Congrats! :bigsmile: Which frame is that? I believe I have one of the same, was guessing it to be a Schwinn from the '40s, seatpost is 13/16, came with a skip-tooth drivetrain. Great starting point! Rat on Shakes-beer! Falstaff Garage....like it....

Great start buddy! I hope that you are going to try and save the darts or reproduce them, they look awesome!!

Since he provided part of your build name, I think you are required to use one of Ian's seats or grips on your build. :D

My beer guzzling thespian, you already have a prize.....Longest Title! Congrats! Which frame is that? I believe I have one of the same, was guessing it to be a Schwinn from the '40s, seatpost is 13/16, came with a skip-tooth drivetrain. Great starting point! Rat on Shakes-beer! Falstaff Garage....like it....
Frame is CWC, wards hawthorne badge. Not sure of exact year.

Cool frame and name!
Looking forward to that other build when it does happen, but in the mean time, this one will do nicely!

Luke.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it as well.

Great start buddy! I hope that you are going to try and save the darts or reproduce them, they look awesome!!
I'm gonna try to save all the paint, no magic water but I've got some stuff.

Since he provided part of your build name, I think you are required to use one of Ian's seats or grips on your build.
That just might happen.

Nice looking frame, does it have the brazed in shim for a lucky 7 seat post? If so it's early 40s, prewar, if not I'd say 50s. I had a '41 that gave up the ghost, I still have the chainring, crank, bearings, chain, etc. if you need any parts let me know, I'll hook you up.

Nice looking frame, does it have the brazed in shim for a lucky 7 seat post? If so it's early 40s, prewar, if not I'd say 50s. I had a '41 that gave up the ghost, I still have the chainring, crank, bearings, chain, etc. if you need any parts let me know, I'll hook you up.
I'll have to check, I'm pretty sure it had a lucky 7. The post opening is about 5/8".

Interesting, flipping the tank might work deorman!
Falstaff, I have lots of solid 5/8" rod, let me know if you need something slightly custom bent up for this bike!

Interesting, flipping the tank might work deorman!
Falstaff, I have lots of solid 5/8" rod, let me know if you need something slightly custom bent up for this bike!
I do need something, I'll draw up my idea and pm you.

I flipped the tank.
9f66811d836fda555c0388762c0ad3db.jpg

358854a206dbd372b0c2d5c3452dff0a.jpg

This might work, I'll try it with the frame upright to see what I think.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Funny how people hear things.....I was thinking top to bottom and you did front to back also! l just thought that the front edge of the tank would closely match the angle of the head tube by flipping top to bottom.

Latest posts

Back