rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the hub flanges a similar size? If they are, you may be able to reuse the spokes and nipples. Has to be within a couple of millimeters, so virtually the same. My advice, take your time, be precise; because if you mess up it's a bear to go back and retrace, or should I say...relace...your steps.

I haven't measured the hubs yet, trying to get the paint off the rims first. I'll get the calipers out tomorrow.

Here you go @OddJob tank on bars flipped
2f96cb21f60c8dbc0a98dd76a3b94f6c.jpg

Even added the grips I got from Raf.
04604de7e76db8308dd1ba527eab6c3f.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
I like the looks of that... a lot!! Looks like a great combination.

Sorry to hear about the new setback. Can destress by burying yourself in the build between the job search.. but no fun dealing with that stress, I am sure. Good Luck, hope it's a short gap.

Thanks MC.
I'm still not entirely sure about the tank. It does look good, and flows well with the bars. But I'll still design a tank to see how I like it.

I like the looks of that... a lot!! Looks like a great combination.

Sorry to hear about the new setback. Can destress by burying yourself in the build between the job search.. but no fun dealing with that stress, I am sure. Good Luck, hope it's a short gap.

+1 ^ on the tank bar combo! The curve of the bars mimics the tank curve perfectly!

Great lookin build so far man, looks like ill be voting for y a 3X in a row :D

I'm with oddjob and metalchewy, I like the flipped tank with the flipped bars! Does your columbia ding-ding horn work good in that tank? I love those things! Loud and no batteries!

Just take your time...it may take several attempts, but once you get it, it's really a load of fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spray all the spoke nipples with penetrating oil and use the biggest screwdriver you can fit to take them apart.

Like OJ said if the flanges are close you should be set.

I like the flipped tank and bars too but try everything you think might be cool. Nice work so far. :thumbsup:

I'm with oddjob and metalchewy, I like the flipped tank with the flipped bars! Does your columbia ding-ding horn work good in that tank? I love those things! Loud and no batteries!
Horn works great, nice and loud.

Spray all the spoke nipples with penetrating oil and use the biggest screwdriver you can fit to take them apart.

Like OJ said if the flanges are close you should be set.

I like the flipped tank and bars too but try everything you think might be cool. Nice work so far. :thumbsup:
I got the spokes out of one with my spoke wrench, now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rims. They're aluminum, so I could repaint or hit them with scotchbrite for the brushed look.

Ill scotchbrite them to see what I think first.

They're aluminum, so I could repaint or hit them with scotchbrite for the brushed look.

Ill scotchbrite them to see what I think first.

Brushed would look cool on a patina bike. Hopefully they're painted and you can use stripper. If they're anodized you'll need something else. Oven cleaner works. There's also a non-toxic method somebody posted in my mbbo thread.

Brushed would look cool on a patina bike. Hopefully they're painted and you can use stripper. If they're anodized you'll need something else. Oven cleaner works. There's also a non-toxic method somebody posted in my mbbo thread.
They're painted, but the stripper I'm using is barely bubbling it. I have a strip disk I'll try out to see if it damages the aluminum. I hope not.

[emoji35] I keep going back to that darned tank[emoji35]

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Now you know how I felt with the great handlebar odyssey last year. :crazy:

I like that config the best so far.
You are really cranking the work out on this build!!!
Thanks, but I still need to get a pic with the tank mounted in reverse to see how it flows. I just want to make sure it doesn't look like an after thought.

Take pics with the different configs from different angles so that you can study them and analyze them and drive yourself insane.

Latest posts

Back