rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how people hear things.....I was thinking top to bottom and you did front to back also! l just thought that the front edge of the tank would closely match the angle of the head tube by flipping top to bottom.
+1 :grin:

3dcd57bfbe8448bb652340fd745867ee.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

abd9ce3a5c7b4a9d2164752c7fcbf2b5.jpg

Got the frame all cleaned up, just have to figure out how to remove the silver spray paint. Looks like someone painted a chain guard while it was attached.
Any ideas how to remove it without damage to the original paint?

Next weekend I teach myself to build wheels.

Love these first two flipped tank mockups, having trouble deciding between them which one I like best though!

Luke.
I've been thinking the past couple hours. I like this tank, but I might just make one with similar styling. That way I get the look I want without covering the darts, I don't know yet.

Out of the two tho, I like the first one best. It keeps the horn button up top.

Played around with a set of bars. I like these, but something might change.
dc7e2097cf1642ad6ed8bb90fd082dbb.jpg

Right side up
373f4fa9351721741b10b35b5a07e1e5.jpg

Or upside down
89233f6034517c87e9ad0a01579c325d.jpg

As I mentioned before this will be a cruiser with slight race inspiration.
If I leave the bars right side up, I'll extend the ends a few inches and weld in a cross bar.
I like the way that turned out for @Big Ape on zenith. But I'll poke around for other bars.

I found that fine steel wool and gas take spray paint off like a charm.

Looking good Falstaff. That's a great frame. Find the right size thread die to cut threads down farther on the fork then you can trim your excess steer tube. Will be tricky to get a bearing cone to sit down on there without threading it.

Looking good Falstaff. That's a great frame. Find the right size thread die to cut threads down farther on the fork then you can trim your excess steer tube. Will be tricky to get a bearing cone to sit down on there without threading it.
Yea, I thought of that. I'll check the local mom and pop hardware stores. Not sure I can get a die that size at Lowe's.
I believe the bolt in the fork holds a spring or a rubber bumper of some sort. It may be worth taking a look just to see what's actually there.:wondering:
There's a rubber bumper under it, the bolt goes into the steer tube and is held in by a lock nut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back