One more Time ((riding pics added))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
Still should have been yellow to make all the black stand out. What was I thinking..... :shock: :shock:

I dunno Uncle Stretch i did suggest yellow would be THE colour to go with, buuut who ever listens to me :: sigh :: :p

Seriously Uncle i think it looks GREAT in this colour, yellow would have been to in your face and girlie lookin' IMHO...I guess if you planned giving the ride to a wiminez then yellow miiiight of been more appropriate...

Well done anywayz mate, another fiiine ride to add to your 'portfolio' hehe

KiM

Thanks...Clancy and Kim the graphite is growing on me. Glad yall like it. :lol: It may earn a spot in my group or it may go. Still dont know yet.

I bought mine about 30 years ago. Its called a miller cricket. It was the first generation 110 v mig welders. Its been a good one. I think most of the 110 mig welders put out now will probably fill the bill for something cheaper to build frames with. I wish I was rich ...A tig is about $1000 to $1700 used and if you can use them ,lots better on doing small to big welding jobs very cleanly.

Thank You Uncle Stretch, I'm been looking at the 110v MIG so I guess I'm on the right track. I've been looking at the Hobart 125, I reckon that one would be good one start with. Don't plan to weld anything other than bicycle stuff. I don't know much about welding and want to learn more. I got a trike in my mind that I want to build someday but I'm lacking tools at the moment.

Most Hobart tools are good. If you get a few pieces of tubing and practice a little before you jump on your project ,it helps. Youtube has welding videos too. Craigslist is a good place to find a welder and with the flux core wire you dont need the gas...lots easier. You should be able to find a used welder for around $200 or $300. Lincoln migs are fairly cheap and pretty good too.

Latest posts

Back