One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after our 1" rainfall between 4 and 5 am this morning, we have a steamy weekend ahead. Likely close to 100 degrees late tomorrow, with a dew point in the 70's.

Put in some brainstorming (pun intended) in the BACK40 this morning....she greeted me as I opened the back door...

IMG_20160609_091120.jpg

Had to get out on the bikes today and enjoy this beautiful June morning / noontide. Can wrench later....

One of our favorite spots, the Tin Fish, along Lake Calhoun in Mpls. And the traffic on the bike path was low being a weekday. Doesn't get any better than this....

Faded Glory was the ride du jour....

IMG_20160609_120451.jpg

IMG_20160609_120441.jpg

You sure you don't wanna call this bike Mae West?

Kidding aside, it looks good. Very; how you say? "Ratisfying"?

"It's not the bikes in my life that count, it's the life in my bikes"~ Mae or May Not B. West

Thanks guys! Chad, it is a fun job for the most part. It is like my bicycle retail career...I enjoy helping people find joy through their recreational and healthful endeavors. Music is good for the soul. The tough part comes in during the summer, when the traffic is low in the store and sales drop. And the pressure from the GM and owner rises. But, we are all friends first and employees second, so that helps soften the edges a bit. Plus I get to ride my rat bikes to work so you can't beat that! :wink1:

One-Liner got some new / old pedals this weekend at the vintage bike swap. Bearings need replacing and grease....any idea how to get the main shaft apart on these to do so? There is no end cap that comes off and nut to remove....
20160613_140542.jpg
20160613_140457.jpg

Attachments

• 20160613_140457.jpg
    20160613_140457.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 220
Have a blast in the North 40!!!

Good for you man enjoy some time away [emoji481][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One-Liner got some new / old pedals this weekend at the vintage bike swap. Bearings need replacing and grease....any idea how to get the main shaft apart on these to do so? There is no end cap that comes off and nut to remove....View attachment 26673 View attachment 26674
OJ,
I picked up a can of this
71ZuIxqSvIL._SL1500_.jpg

and it works great to lube inaccessible stuff like freewheels and pedals. Comes with a "straw" so you can direct it into tight spots.

Back