Lowlife trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Rhys, that's a hardcore work schedule and a half you've been working on this and it's paying off big style, nice job!
Don't know what you had in mind for tyres but a pair of stretched out skinny tyres, like the euro look car boys do, would look way cool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Rhys, that's a hardcore work schedule and a half you've been working on this and it's paying off big style, nice job!
Don't know what you had in mind for tyres but a pair of stretched out skinny tyres, like the euro look car boys do, would look way cool. :)

Thank you Uncle fide

I'm stuck on that as it goes. I was thinking about having them stretched out like stanced trikes but I want it more rat look so I was thinking big side white walls like this
bybype2u.jpg

But I'm going to get them from a used tyre place so it's what ever they got really lol

My frame is almost finished :D any thinking I do now will just be for looks I need to do one 3 welds and clean it up more then it's 100% finished
I need to make a seat mount but that's just a bolt on
After 2weeks in going to get my seat today my mum is going to take me lol.
I need to twist my back bone to make my head tube plum that don't be hard I'll do that this morning before I go home

So this is what the frame is looking like now
9e6uzabu.jpg
a3yzymeb.jpg
yhe3ybaq.jpg

Where the g clamp is is where I'm going to twist the frame and reweld it ;)

Been doing some hard thinking about my wheels
And had a chat with RAT ROD
I won't tell you what about you will have to wait and see ;)

So I'm going with the cream and I'm going to do something really nice with the centre caps maybe Crome paint don't know yet
uvuhequ9.jpg

So the cost of my build had gone up to 9 quid with out the seat
I still need tyres tho ;)

The colour combo looks really good screams old school
I got some runs so what I'm going to do is rub it down with a bit of wet and dry so it makes it go dull

Bad news and good news about the seat
Bad news the shop didn't have any that I liked and that was good
Good news is I had I idea I'm going to make my own bomber seat I've been looking on google and it looks like I can do it with the stuff I've got at work so wish me luck. Some bomber seats I like .....
py3epa2e.jpg

deze8ysa.jpg
v
by8umepa.jpg

My little prototype
3a4amujy.jpg

mu6ubeje.jpg
tuquty7y.jpg

What I'm going to do later is make a life size one out of cardboard then unfold it and cut the shape out in aluminium and rivet it all

Looking forward to the bombe seat, seems like it will be a better example of your skills too.
So am I Kroozerdave lol
I hope so I've never made one before in going to make it from 1.5 mm stainless steel so it it should be nice and strong

It's been a long weekend and I've done no work on my lowlife at all so I've slept all day today so I can stay up all night and work on it.
My to do list tonight is
Weld the rest of the frame
Clean up the welds
And finish painting my wheels

Should be easy to do tonight but there is a lot of welding :/

This Is my plan for my bomber seat.
My life size cardboard mock up
ry3e7u5u.jpg

avaje3a7.jpg

azezy7u3.jpg

ubene9uj.jpg

Let me know what you think

Works for me Rhys, I'd radius the top of the side panels though. :)

Thank you uncle fide

I was thinking about that I've left it 2 inch bigger so I can have a play around with it :)

Back