Lowlife trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to think about putting it on the top of the backbone. I don't think they were made to hold with tension put on them.
Yeah I was thinking about that but then it would stick out the back of the flat bed bit and I didn't really want that. I need to think something up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raise the flat bed up to cover it up.

Could do. I was thinking about making a small tool box on the back and have it coming out the back so it's hidden inside the tool box

Goes to show great minds think alike I have also toyed with the idea of a gas strut. Is there any way you can run the strut on top of the tube at an angle so you don't have the strut on the ground when lowered and an angle so the small strut shaft is not supporting all the weight on it horizontally

If it can rust let it

Goes to show great minds think alike I have also toyed with the idea of a gas strut. Is there any way you can run the strut on top of the tube at an angle so you don't have the strut on the ground when lowered and an angle so the small strut shaft is not supporting all the weight on it horizontally

If it can rust let it

Thanks man. Yeah I've been thinking about it a lot and......
It's really long about 16 inches so I don't know how to mount it
I've mounted my seat right at the back of my back bone so I can't put it under the seat I was thinking abut making a extension part on the back of the back bone then mount it to that then have the back end on that if you know what I'm saying lol ... I don't know how to hinge it as well .... What I'm going to do is finish the back done then the back end and then work that out lol

It is a plate that hits the ground when you slam that frame down towards the ground to create sparks as you go forward.
Oh that's cool I'm going to make one of them lol

This is what my back bone looks like now.
y2atega3.jpg
je4u3y3a.jpg
bebypeqa.jpg
8aqu2eqa.jpg
6uve6ynu.jpg

At the bottom of the head tube the long bit that sticks down I'm going to cut a plate along with the back bone and have it flat on the bottom. Think I might cut holes in it don't know yet I'll have a look wen it's all cut.
yhubezaq.jpg

My welds are looking better tho lol

Wen the plate is cut and welded on all I need to do it clean up the welds then the back bones done :D

Made up the back end end all welded up all I've got to do now is weld the plate under the head tube to the back bone ....
a5e7unu3.jpg

Mocked up wear the back ends going to be
azadyraj.jpg

yqu5u3a5.jpg

yquzegu3.jpg

za2ajutu.jpg

umunu3a2.jpg

2y2edume.jpg

3u6ugepa.jpg

Latest posts

Back