Lowlife trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some wher out there, there is a front wheel like that, that ratchets just like a freewheel. I think the unicycle guys use it for there race unicycle setups. I'll look into it if you like.

And wanted to say that is looking on paper definitely following this build
Yeah I've had a look around and I'm not 100% what I want to do yet
Have a fixed wheel so it don't have to have brakes or make my own hub with a freewheel. Thanks mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wanted to make one, but wouldn't have the guts to ride it (downhill). I'm glad to see someone make one.

It's a trike invasion loving it. I'm still trying to score one of the trikes from work that the maintenance guys ride

If it can rust let it

That would be a good name for a build lol. I've never had one befor so it should be good
I dint know what to do as far as letter her rust or paint
I'm going to wait till she's all mocked up ;)

I've wanted to make one, but wouldn't have the guts to ride it (downhill). I'm glad to see someone make one.
As it goes it going right easy at the moment lol. Should be fun I'm planning to make one for my son for wen he's a bit bigger. But make It the same as this one but just smaller lol

On my drawing it I planed for a 20 inch rim. I just remembered that I've got a really nice fat 24 inch with white walls so I'm going to use that I'll upload a pik wen I get home ;)

Also I had time to make the main top tube not finished yet
I mounted the seat clamp on and made a hole so I can adjust it :)
epu4e2a3.jpg
nypy6a8e.jpg

te5uravy.jpg

a3yva4yq.jpg

4yzupehy.jpg

Great work on the backbone!

Luke.

This morning wen I finished work I made front tube where the head set goes. I had to lathe the inside out a bit but it's a nice fit now :)

ateheda6.jpg
3uze6a9y.jpg

uda4aza4.jpg

ha2enusu.jpg

I mounted the head tube to the back bone this morning but I forgot to take some pics so I'll get some later on. I used a hole saw to cut the front and I got some help with the weld on that I wanted it nice and strong so it's all nice and in place looking good so far

I've also changed my mind about the back end it was going to be round.
I didn't like it that much and it would be a lot harder to make and and weld up as I don't have a bender so this is the new back end I'm going with
9e5amemu.jpg

Last night I had a lot of time to think so........ I was thinking I might hinge the back end to the back bone then get the inside out of a chair and mount that underneath is wen I pull the handle it will move up or down wen I move it and it will lock in place where I want it to be
yga9unur.jpg

bevuge9y.jpg

^^^ this is the plan
8u5e7esu.jpg

So I can slam it down or sitting sky high

To be 100% honest.
Your little trike is why I'm doing a trike it inspired me lol.
Thank you :)

Ha....I did wonder as the concept looks so similar. If there was an adult version available I'd buy one!! Should be a great machine once built mate.

Ha....I did wonder as the concept looks so similar. If there was an adult version available I'd buy one!! Should be a great machine once built mate.
lol sorry.
Yeah so would I. Thanks.
I really like how the paint was before you stripes down your little trike. I want my paint on my trike to look like your left fender before you cleaned it up. ;)

Good new. My new back wheels just just come I love them really happy with them £5 on amazon ;D
a5epuram.jpg

nymy9yve.jpg

Good new. My new back wheels just just come I love them really happy with them £5 on amazon ;D
a5epuram.jpg

nymy9yve.jpg

I'm going to use the tred on the tyre as a guide to pain the white walls on I'm going to paint it cream to match the front one and going to make it dirty cream

Done my paint scheme
I'm going to let it RUST
pusydagy.jpg

Cool idea on the gas strut lowering system, been playing around with that idea in my head for a while too...

Luke.
I've been thinking about it a lot too
I'm going to give it a go
I've got the go ahead from the Missis to smash up the chair lol

Latest posts

Back