Huffy build for charity raffle (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Huffy build for charity raffle (NEW WHEELS)

Surprise, Nexus 4 speed :D . Just finished truing them up and mounted some whitewall knobbies.

IMG_3876.jpg

Re: Huffy build for charity raffle (NEW SEAT)

Just finished the seat up 5 minutes ago. :D

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

nice! what kind of material is it, and how did you get that on there?

Yeah, I'm tempted to buy a few raffle tickets myself :lol: . I'd feel too guilty if I won though.

Re: Huffy build for charity raffle (ASSEMBLY)

Got the frame, forks, and chainguard back from my buddy, thought I'd toss up a sneak peek pic. The paint has a light dusting of pearlescent in the clear, looks pretty cool out in the sunlight. Should have some finished pics soon...

IMG_3887.jpg

Cool bike! I think the orange would look better but right on! keep up the good work. im sure whoever wins this will be stoked!

Got a little more done, ran the chain and shift cable. I forgot to grab part of the fork from my buddy so I'm stuck until I see him again. Hoping to be done within the next few days :)

IMG_3909.jpg

I like the cranebrook frame. Even if it only costs 85.00 for the whole bike. My three speed rat is a cranebrook. With a set of apes, the lines of the bike create a real nice bobber look.

Awesome build and cause!

Couple of questions:
1. Do you know the exact size (height) of the apes? 12"? 15"?
2. Is that a 26" bent springer fork?

cool so far !,is that a t-shirt you covered the seat with :?:

Oh man, I've got questions to answer! :lol: The handlebars are 9.5 inches tall, and yes the forks are 26" bent springers ( found at a swap meet). Yep, the seat cover is just a t-shirt :wink: , but I used 3 layers of material and lots of coats of kiwi aerosol shoe protectant. Bike is now complete except for the custom seatpost, will post finished pics as soon as it's done. :D

necessaryevil said:
Oh man, I've got questions to answer! :lol: The handlebars are 9.5 inches tall, and yes the forks are 26" bent springers ( found at a swap meet). Yep, the seat cover is just a t-shirt :wink: , but I used 3 layers of material and lots of coats of kiwi aerosol shoe protectant. Bike is now complete except for the custom seatpost, will post finished pics as soon as it's done. :D
Thank you for answers. When you get a chance, can you post more pics of the handlebars? Where in the heck can I find apes that are less than 10"?

Back