Huffy build for charity raffle (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Huffy build for charity raffle

GTCOMA donated a stem and small apes for the build, really starting to like it now.

IMG_0394.jpg

looking good

what if we name it something simple like... Rat Rider - Special Edition...?

Mark has a buddy that can make stickers, maybe we could get a custom headbadge and chainguard decal made?

Maybe call it the "Flat Rat" and maybe do a picture of like rat fink but in orange instead of green and have his t shirt in black instead of red and have the rat rod logo on it instead of R.F.

Bought a pair of curved springer forks from Rusty513 and they look pretty sweet. My only concern is this is a raffle bike, we may need to have the winner sign a release form that we are not responsible for someone getting hurt on it :shock: . Still looking for a seat and layback seatpost, a freebie or cheapie preferably. Pinche, I like your thinking about the theme, may have to use it :wink:

IMG_3811.jpg

Looks great. Is there anything I can do to help?
What if we do a low banana seat, sissy bar deal?

I was actually thinking about running a nanner and sissy bar. If I could find a plain white or sparkle white seat I'd like to see how it looks.

I was thinking about something along the lines of the setup on brandonehansen's AMF Voyager

1715694093_39d71e9750.jpg

I have the sissy bar from the lil Chick I am parting out. I wonder how the clamps would line up with the angle of the attachment points on this bike...

lookin good so far ! where did u get those pedals ?

The pedals are for another build, got them off Rusty513's bike that he parted out. I have an axle mount sissy bar that would work, I think if I relocated the seat mount to the nose of a nanner seat pan it would work. Just not sure about the look and rideability though, I'm gonna have to play around with some seats and photoshop.

The paint isn't as nice as it appears, nicks and scratches all over the place. Hoping to get my painter buddy to spray it, metalflake silver base with a transparent burnt orange top coat. It'll be sweet, I guarantee :wink:

Changing my mind once again :roll: . Been so indecisive on a color combo, bare metal with black rims, white seat/grips is what I've decided on. That way the winner may like it as-is, if not they can just strip the clear coat and paint to their liking. Thinking about a black/white chain like on my Evil Ways also. Been talking to the Muscular Dystrophy Association here in Cincy, they will most likely be our recipient for the money we raise from this bike and our May 1st cruise-in. Will post pics as I make more progress.

ratraffle.jpg

Changed my mind yet again. My buddy is going to spray it this week, silver base with a pearlescent metalflake clear coat, should look pretty wild. Another buddy is going to make me a custom z'ed seatpost, should move the seat back a few inches and sit very low. Another surprise to come also. Pics to come...

Nope, no purple tires. Made a little progress while I'm waiting to get parts back from paint. Alex double wall alloy rims with a fresh coat of black epoxy enamel.

IMG_3862.jpg

Back