Huffy build for charity raffle (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Huffy build for charity raffle (ASSEMBLY)

DPE said:
necessaryevil said:
Oh man, I've got questions to answer! :lol: The handlebars are 9.5 inches tall, and yes the forks are 26" bent springers ( found at a swap meet). Yep, the seat cover is just a t-shirt :wink: , but I used 3 layers of material and lots of coats of kiwi aerosol shoe protectant. Bike is now complete except for the custom seatpost, will post finished pics as soon as it's done. :D
Thank you for answers. When you get a chance, can you post more pics of the handlebars? Where in the heck can I find apes that are less than 10"?

These are actually brand new Wald 870 handlebars, your LBS should be able to order them for you. Here's a link to them: http://www.waldsports.com/index.cfm/870handlebars.html
I still have your bars GTCOMA, let me know if you want them and I'll bring them down to the ride.

Well, almost done :) . Still waiting on the layback seatpost and MDA stickers, but here's 98% of the finished product. Will post some glamour shots in the gallery soon...

IMG_3911.jpg

Re: Huffy build for charity raffle (ASSEMBLY)

necessaryevil said:
DPE said:
necessaryevil said:
Oh man, I've got questions to answer! :lol: The handlebars are 9.5 inches tall, and yes the forks are 26" bent springers ( found at a swap meet). Yep, the seat cover is just a t-shirt :wink: , but I used 3 layers of material and lots of coats of kiwi aerosol shoe protectant. Bike is now complete except for the custom seatpost, will post finished pics as soon as it's done. :D
Thank you for answers. When you get a chance, can you post more pics of the handlebars? Where in the heck can I find apes that are less than 10"?

These are actually brand new Wald 870 handlebars, your LBS should be able to order them for you. Here's a link to them: http://www.waldsports.com/index.cfm/870handlebars.html
I still have your bars GTCOMA, let me know if you want them and I'll bring them down to the ride.
Thanks for the info on the handlebars - I just ordered them 8)

The finished bike looks awesome! My Electra is going to look really similar.

Back