Huffy build for charity raffle (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up the other night from my LBS, thinking it may be a good base for a custom build to raffle off at our ride in May. I'm gonna talk to my local powdercoating guy, see if he'll donate some work for the cause. Here's what I have right now, the wheels and tires are just mockups so I can photoshop it. I'll post a concept drawing up later and see what people think.

IMG_3651.jpg

Re: Huffy build for charity raffle

A few quick ideas. Let me know what you think :wink:

1. Traditional hotrod style. Not my taste but it's something everyone can relate to.
rafflerod.jpg

2. All white with black handlebars. Red rims, seat, and grips.
rafflerod2.jpg

3. Crazy orange with black rims, forks, and bars. White seat and grips.
rafflerod3.jpg

#1....with a Rat Rod sticker on the guard!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry, i forgot to reply to your PM. I agree the orange is my favorite too. I especially like the black fork in contrast.

let me know if there is anything i can do to help...

What if we swap out the stem for a drop dow roadbike stem and swap the bars for with a set from a schwinn typhoon type cruiser. I've got the stem and bars to donate.

Similar to something like the ones on Ratrod's Violet Varsity...
100_6536.jpg

Yeah, it definitely needs a lower, longer stem, thanks Greg. I'm thinking I may need to find or make a laid back seatpost also, this bike feels very small to me. I'll see if the powdercoater has any cool oranges in stock, if not I've got a buddy who can mix up some paint.

A laid back seatpost would be cool!

I had one of these bikes for about 2 hours. I bought it for the aluminum wheels. I swapped them out and sold it on CL.

6408_1153716773518_1545637897_30383455_6084465_n.jpg

hey i think you should do a metallic or metal flake green. something kinda dark, but not too bold. IMO

necessaryevil said:
Picked this up the other night from my LBS, thinking it may be a good base for a custom build to raffle off at our ride in May. I'm gonna talk to my local powdercoating guy, see if he'll donate some work for the cause. Here's what I have right now, the wheels and tires are just mockups so I can photoshop it. I'll post a concept drawing up later and see what people think.

IMG_3651.jpg

what's with all the white stuff on the ground !,you get in a big pillow fight or something ? :mrgreen:

ORANGE !

stretch said:
hey i think you should do a metallic or metal flake green. something kinda dark, but not too bold. IMO

I was almost thinking about a metallic lime green, but I have to remember this has to appeal to the masses, not myself. I had the same problem with the autism stingray, it's tough to keep my personal taste and feelings out of a bike I'm building. As much as I hate to do something that relates to the Cincy Bengals, I think it's gonna be orange. Maybe a metallic burnt orange, who knows :|

A.S.Boltnut- we were lucky and only got about a foot of snow, a little east of us got about 30 plus inches, more coming tonight.

Ok, here's the paint scheme. Gonna try to get all the black parts done in powdercoat, the metallic burnt orange will have to be lacquer mixed up by my buddy. I'll post some pics once I make some progress. :D

rafflerod4.jpg

If you can think of one go for it, I'm clueless of what to call it. Decided that the forks just didn't have the right bend to them, so they got tweeked forward about 2", looks much better now. I guess now I can get everything blasted, cut off the un-needed fender mounts on the dropouts, get rid of the water bottle mounts, and get it ready for paint/powdercoat. I think we're gonna run a long and low road bike stem, and maybe some medium rise ape hangers. Still don't know what to do about a layback seatpost....

IMG_3692.jpg

im thinking... im thinking... im thinking.. ah! Mr. Mac. cuz i think it sounds cool.

Back