Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - MO FATTA Motorcycle Tires MOCKUP

WHEN YA FIND OUT WHAT MOTORCYCLE TIRE FITS A 24'' INCH RIM LET ME KNOW. I'M GONNA TRY IT. BUT NO ONE WHERE GIVES OUT FREE ANYTHING!! PEACE

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Could you use the OCC tube on a 120/80/16? It's about 1/2 inch wider than the OCC tire. Or is the mtorcycle tire just too heavy for it?

This idea really 'intrigues' me, I can't remember if the 20" OCC uses an offset rear sprocket (I don't think so) but that may solve some of the chain clearance issues. I'll have to check out my 'parts mules' when I get home, I know the 16" 'baby Sting Ray" uses one, maybe I'll swap them out.

Also, how hard is it to get a tire shop to give away used tires, it just saves them disposal fees, right?

Cheers,
Dr. T

I think the OCC tube would work fine. It will expand the fill the space.

All of the OCCs that I have do not have a offset hub. I think the problem with using the baby OCC hub on this is that it won't be wide enough. But maybe you can swap parts out of the hubs, I don't know.

It was simple to get the tires for me. They had them stacked next to their dumpster along with old batteries. They let me take as many as I wanted.

I was thinking that I'd only swap out the sprocket, not the whole hub.
The one on the small OCC is an 18 tooth ,like this piece from ChoppersUS.
02945.JPG

With any luck, they are standard 3 tab units and can be swapped, it's worth a shot, right?

There's a couple of tire shops on my way home, again, it's worth a shot. :mrgreen:

This is a great idea, if you want something a little different than the OCC tire or the other 20 x 4.25s out there. I also noticed the Kenda motorcycle tread is VERY similar to my 24 x 3 Kenda Krazes....hmmmm..... :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

It should work. I know that Josh (Blue on Black) put a full 5 speed cassette on his OCC.

That is SWEET :mrgreen: That bigger tire really looks good on there 8)

It was simple to get the tires for me. They had them stacked next to their dumpster along with old batteries. They let me take as many as I wanted.[/quote]
ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS LUCKY?!? :eek: PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
It was simple to get the tires for me. They had them stacked next to their dumpster along with old batteries. They let me take as many as I wanted.
ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS LUCKY?!? :eek: PEACE[/quote]

Of Course!!! :wink:

Actually, I think most of the guys on here that are using MC tires have gotten theirs almost the same way. The MC dealers have to pay to dispose of their used tires, so you're really doing them a favor.

Just ask. The worst they can say is no!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I was thinking that I'd only swap out the sprocket, not the whole hub.
The one on the small OCC is an 18 tooth ,like this piece from ChoppersUS.
02945.JPG

With any luck, they are standard 3 tab units and can be swapped, it's worth a shot, right?

There's a couple of tire shops on my way home, again, it's worth a shot. :mrgreen:

This is a great idea, if you want something a little different than the OCC tire or the other 20 x 4.25s out there. I also noticed the Kenda motorcycle tread is VERY similar to my 24 x 3 Kenda Krazes....hmmmm..... :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Let me know if baby OCC sprocket is offset and if it will work. It looks like I have another OCC and Baby OCC lined up for $20 each, but I don't have time for the 2 hour round trip anytime soon.

josh_from_ga said:
how do you keep finding these $20 OCC's!?

The first one I found on CL. They next two I hunted for and found on CL in JAX. I also followed Yoothgeye's suggestion and put an WANTED ad on craigslist. Someone replied to the ad today.

So I have to ask the obvious question here.. Are you going to be able to pedal this thing with those heavy tires on there? I think the combination of large driven sprocket + heavy tires + sand might make it extremely difficult..

AKB said:
So I have to ask the obvious question here.. Are you going to be able to pedal this thing with those heavy tires on there? I think the combination of large driven sprocket + heavy tires + sand might make it extremely difficult..

I just put the exercise crank on there for fun . You can see the smaller sprocket that I will be using in earlier posts.

kingfish254 said:
josh_from_ga said:
how do you keep finding these $20 OCC's!?

The first one I found on CL. They next two I hunted for and found on CL in JAX. I also followed Yoothgeye's suggestion and put an WANTED ad on craigslist. Someone replied to the ad today.

I am passing this deal off to Josh. It is located about halfway between us and I already have a spare OCC.
Have fun Josh. Hope she likes it.

josh_from_ga said:
Thank you. I haven't heard back from the guy yet but I'm anxiously waiting. After I get them I will have a few more projects to be documenting.

Give him a call. I am not sure how much he checks email.

Glad to help too. I would rather see you do something with it than it sit in my bike stash. I'll kep the add running though. Especially now that we know Harley tires will fit. There are some cool options with these bikes. Just don't let Jake know that I like chopping them up!! :p

I HEARD THAT!! :lol: HEY B HOW THE CRAP DO YOU TAKE OFF THE OCC FORKS!! A BUDDY ASKED ME AND I COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT.I EVEN TRIED IT.I'M STUMPED !! HELP!!! :(

Jake Sensi said:
I HEARD THAT!! :lol: HEY B HOW THE CRAP DO YOU TAKE OFF THE OCC FORKS!! A BUDDY ASKED ME AND I COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT.I EVEN TRIED IT.I'M STUMPED !! HELP!!! :(

Jake, you have to remove the top bracket. There are screws on top that screw into the center of the fork tubes, but there are also one or more clamping screws underneath the top bracket. Then of course there is the headset screw. Once you have all of these removed, just give the top bracket a few whacks with a hammer and it will come off and the fork will be free. Try to remember to secure the forks before removing the top bracket, otherwise it might crash to the floor.

Good Luck!

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - May go back to OCC tires

I am thinking of going back to the OCC tires. The MO FATTA Harley tires look insane, especially when you look at them next to the original Dahon tires

Photo_7B5BF464-44D4-F985-6764-EFCAC20E1241.jpg

But I just don't know how well they will work. Number one, I am not sure what to do about chain clearance. I can't use the OCC freewheel. I took apart an old 5 speed wheel like Josh did, but it isn't threaded or put together like the OCC hub.

Photo_A03B7C6F-B3C4-C650-3CD7-FB7C3AB5A46B.jpg

You can see in these two photos with the yardstick laying across the face of the Harley tire that I would need a serious offset to make this work. I have a feeling that even if I got an big enough offset cog (that would thread properly) that I would end up with too high a degree of a horizontal chain angle and the chain would fall off.

Photo_DE608E61-1751-1768-3A0F-4D909862EB0F.jpg
Photo_1C2AEDAC-E804-EB64-FB20-D7F503C76B00.jpg

Someone just refreshed my memory about freewheels. Like a dummy, I took cassette off of the freewheel. I have the right tools, just forgot to use them or my head. :oops:

can you move some spacers/nuts around and dish the wheel a bit?

Latest posts

Back