Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - BB Welded

We filled the holes in teh OCC BB and then welded it to Dahon frame. It was tricky getting it plumb and true in all axises, but we did good. The welds aren't pretty, but they will clean up. We also got some of the other pieces cut and ready for welding. It looks like I don't have to worry about chain clearance.

Photo_A3A8FB50-7400-F117-AA9B-7DE0D48F9285.jpg

Photo_C370E1FF-608C-C473-2365-48F7573406EB.jpg

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Welding starts tomorrow night!!!

OUTLAW said:
hey, have you started to weld yet? lookin to see this. did you see all the pic's I posted on El Thunder, I think I was still putting them up when you were there. have to re-read your post on your chain . I have some clearence prob's on mine. may have to build a jack shaft. I am so close to it running right.
so let's get busy and post some pic's on this bad boy. yep, would like to see it with knobbies.

Outlaw 8)

I saw your updates and was wondering how you were going to manage the drivetrain. I think your tires are definitely wider than mine.

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Rolling Chassis!!!!

Rolling Chassis!!!!

We got a lot done in 3 hours tonight and ended rolling chassis.

It was cool making my idea with the fork a reality.
Photo_2C8CC61E-E410-E95E-158F-BB339756A068.jpg

Photo_F2A7C59C-F2E9-460F-DD4B-221E3CFC92A8.jpg

We still need to weld up some struts that connect the bottom and top weld joints of the OCC rear.
The welds aren't pretty, but that is what grinders are for.

Here is the fat boy
IMG_2545.jpg

And here is the fat man
IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

And here is the broken bike after the fat man put his weight on it.
IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - ROLLING CHASSIS!!!!!!!!!

Looks great, looks like a tall bike and a sand bike in one! haha Can you fit it in the original Dahon bag? :wink:

In that last photo I can see the sweat drops on the ground from where you had to get up on the bike. :lol:

that geometry looks really great! 8) I dont know about getting on and off though :D

Craiggo said:
that geometry looks really great! 8) I dont know about getting on and off though :D

Thanks, I figure to get on it the same way you did as a kid when you rode you parents bike. Left foot on the pedal and get a rolling start and hop on and hope like heck you don't have to stop at a red light.

chimichanga said:
DUDE! SO sweet looking! You should add a removable attachment so you can have a cooler in the back. :D

Thanks man, wait until you see the possible bolted on attachment I am thinking about. Look back farther in the thread and you will see the front end of a water ski that I plan to mount facing backwards to give me a cool upward sloping spoiler rack. I am trying to find a cool looking narrow cooler to mount on it too. We'll see if it comes about or not.

yoothgeye said:
Looks great, looks like a tall bike and a sand bike in one! haha Can you fit it in the original Dahon bag? :wink:

In that last photo I can see the sweat drops on the ground from where you had to get up on the bike. :lol:

Thanks dude, it is a tall fat boy.
We'll finish up the welding on Saturday.

nice job. man that is sittin high. looks mean. my tire is about 5in wide, just a 130 mm. I build a jack shaft for it to line up the chains. the sprokets are about 7mm wide. really narrow. hopefully it will work.
like your bike very kool. nice job. :mrgreen:

Outlaw 8)

Thats what im talkin about! 8) Looks good,The finish line is near,Keep up the good work!!! :mrgreen:

If you want a cool looking narrow cooler, look no further than old surplus military coolers, I think they were used for medication, but they are narrow, I've only seen them in olive drab, which is awesome, they have lots of latches, and fold down side handles. The only thing is that you have to find one with the original insulation inside as alot of people have gutted them, but with the original cooler insulation it keeps ice from melting for a LONG time.

Edit: Just learned it's called a mermite can.

(not sure if this photo will show up)
attachment.php

That is perfect! Thanks for the tip.

edit: Perfect, except for the price. Those are going for $200+ on ebay. Something to add to my bargain hunter list.

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Working Drivetrain w/ Clearance

Took teh temporarily mounted front end off and decided to work on the rear tonight.

It is not fun putting each one of those tiny bearings back into a freewheel. But all went well. I added some spacer nuts on the drive and non-drive side. I need to take a link out of the chain, but the middle freewheel cog works great as far as chain/tire clearance and crank alignment. This means I will be able to test a 20T, 24T, and 28T rear cog. The OCC came with a 20T, but it didn't have big honkin Harley tires on it!

Here are some shots of the drivetrain. I have good clearance and it will actually get a little better once I take a link out of the chain.

Photo_1282ED24-7CB9-79C1-7F9D-C350FEAB0421.jpg

Photo_B0ED9EDD-C9EE-CC33-4D68-619B41288158.jpg

Photo_93572800-D942-786E-CB67-0A905ECB698D.jpg

Photo_D820AD21-C87C-75DF-11FA-0B760EE1D7C9.jpg

Photo_E29E957B-0B84-D65D-D4C1-33C65F6B5B00.jpg

I also mocked up the MTB fork section that will be welded to the rear on Saturday. We will notch it around the other welds after we grind them down (a lot). I like the way that the curve of the fork is going to mimic the curve of the tire a little.

Photo_23B89354-5891-24C0-EC54-0B07037F3982.jpg

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley -Working Drivetrain w/ Clearance

nice. are you going to cut the teeth off the sprokets your not using? I took a 5 speed and tore it apart, put the 28 over to the right as far as it will go then cut the teeth off all the others except the small screw on one and I left one tooth on it to take it off if I need to. will have to get a pic of it with my jack shaft. your bike is lookin baddd, in a good way. great job.

Outlaw 8)

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley -Working Drivetrain w/ Clearance

I haven't decided on whether or not I will grind down the unused teeth yet or not.

That is probably the first time that someone has said that a Dahon Classic looked BAD in a good way. :p

One of my main rides is a full suspension Dahon Jestream though, and I have always thought it looked BAD. Especially it's front suspension. The Big Apples and Magura hydraulic brakes help too.

IMAGE_018.jpg

Latest posts

Back