Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Dahon vs Dahon on Steriods

Here you go. I think I am pretty close on the scale between these two photos.

compare.jpg

kingfish254 said:

I'll let you slip on this one, but eventually I want a Dahon standing beside a Fugsley, maybe the Fugsley can be in monster truck crushing stance. haha

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I'll let you slip on this one, but eventually I want a Dahon standing beside a Fugsley, maybe the Fugsley can be in monster truck crushing stance. haha

I know that my wife wouldn't want her cute lil Dahon there, so I will do that with my Stainless Dahon.
You can see in the photo that the bottom of Fugsley is about even with the top of the factory Dahon.

I can hear the radio commercial now.
SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Come on down to the state fairgrounds to watch the monster bike show. See FUGSLEY in action. SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley -Working Drivetrain w/ Clearance

those are really nice bikes. oh ya, monster bike show, crunch time. ya know you two are getting me interested in this. oh boy the wheels are a turnin.lol.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

OUTLAW said:
those are really nice bikes. oh ya, monster bike show, crunch time. ya know you two are getting me interested in this. oh boy the wheels are a turnin.lol.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Go for it outlaw!
I can see it now. The "Stand in the Sand Thunderdune" Monster Bike show. Sand Rover vs Fugsley vs Outlaw. Three bikes enter, one bike leaves!

hahha, that's funny, but I would be the one to leave, THE WINNER. lol. oh, I am lookin at this. will see.

Outlaw 8)

I'm like Bigfoot, the original, I may not always win, but the crowd LOVES me! :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
I'm like Bigfoot, the original, I may not always win, but the crowd LOVES me! :mrgreen:

No doubt that you are the originator!
With my bigger tires, I will be the Terminator (or is that Im-a-tater :D ). Hear me now and believe me later! 8)

you two are too funny, but I got to say, ya both done a good job. BUT, if I build one, you guys are in trouble, I build to WIN. :lol:

Outlaw :p :p

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley -Maiden Voyage!!!

Photos will follow later tonight.
We completed the welding today and I put it all back together. Took Fugsley on his maiden voyage just in time for the Savannah Jazz Festival on the park. This bike rides like a dream and believe it or not, I get more smiles and that's the coolest thing ever than I do when I take BEER RUN out. It isn't too tall at all. I even let multiple people take it for a ride (videos to follow). I think I have it geared right for the beach, but I may bump drop down from the 24T rear to the 20T rear for city riding. It is a bit slow, but I don't have brakes yet, so that is a good thing. I have been riding and listening to the Jazz Fest for 2 hours. Just waiting for the rain to pass over and I will be back out there once I put some lights on this beast.

I have already had 5 people ask me how much I would sell it for.

And appropriately enough, I christened it with a FAT TIRE beer at the Jazz Fest!

CHEERS!! This build is a grand slam out of the park success!!!! Thanks for the inspiration yooth!!

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Grand Slam Maiden Voyage Jazz Fest

I m so jealous of your bicycle welcoming culture there. I only get attention and smiles riding my tall bike here, anything else and I'm just some shady guy on a bike.

Did it get any paint or are you riding dirty?

congrats on a build well done. now lets see it with some paint if ya can stop riding it.lol

Outlaw 8)

I can bunny hop Sand Rover... can you bunny hop Fugsley? :lol:

yoothgeye said:
I m so jealous of your bicycle welcoming culture there. I only get attention and smiles riding my tall bike here, anything else and I'm just some shady guy on a bike.

Did it get any paint or are you riding dirty?

Thanks, Savannah is a very bike friendly town and there are always tons of college students and tourists in the Historic District where I live, so they get a kick out of the unusual.

I rode it dirty. No way was I going to wait for paint before I tried this bad boy out!!!

yoothgeye said:
I can bunny hop Sand Rover... can you bunny hop Fugsley? :lol:

Heck no!! I need to get a scale out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if it exceeded 60 pounds!!!!!

OUTLAW said:
congrats on a build well done. now lets see it with some paint if ya can stop riding it.lol

Outlaw 8)

Paint is going to take a while . I have biz travel the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately I have to have a team meeting in Fort Collins which includes a tour of the brewery where they make Fat Tire. Tough job!

kingfish254 said:
Paint is going to take a while . I have biz travel the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately I have to have a team meeting in Fort Collins which includes a tour of the brewery where they make Fat Tire. Tough job!

Travel eh? Maybe you need to the first one to comment on this idea: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45963

Here we go. Here are the photos from my first ride on Fugsley.
I was extremely surprised at how easy it was to get up and riding on this beast. I must have let at least ten friends and strangers try it out and there were no spills!!!!!!. (Video to follow).

I christened Fugsley with an appropriate Fat Tire beer from the Jazz Fest. Then I went back home and picked up my "water" bottle to hold some more sudsy "water".

Photo_03DB512C-09FA-0EA6-73E3-B1638AABAA2A.jpg

Photo_EFCCA01B-8303-48D2-2890-1D323A251FBA.jpg

Photo_709BFD88-F0FB-B745-4A34-A1CB1AEE640E.jpg

Photo_0DD439EC-3CF9-6DBF-CE7E-965DD6CC210F.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Here it is with the innagarual FAT TIRE on top of the front FAT TIRE!
IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg

Photo_7D33AAD7-15DC-D8D7-701B-CFFD16A5303C.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

I saw an acquaintance with his Honda USV Moped and I gave him crap that my tires were bigger than his. He had a blast riding Fugsley and was the first that wanted to buy within seconds after he rode it.
IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

Photo_DB8F677C-6160-9C31-7A48-71F1DE6F3EF2.jpg

Photo_558B7DAD-7F11-1F4B-7372-2F802F4BCE00.jpg

Photo_BF91EA6D-D9A5-49B7-F99B-35975ECB3E3B.jpg

Great bike B!! You did it. Peace

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Maiden Voyage Videos

Here is a stranger riding the bike.
Like I said, it really surprised me how easty it was to get on and off this tall bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekir1BNFvO8

And here is a friend that I ran across riding it . Notice here comment about the nice turning radius and the background people talking about how tall she is on the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzN0u-YtrL8

Back