Anuthern (Officially History)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I finished up with that other Anything Goes Build and I'm still itchen for another one.....silly rule where you can only enter one bike. Who made that up anyway??? I'm family they ought to make exceptions....Naaa ...This one is just tacked together ,but I have a dream...oh maybe that was somebody elses line. Alright I have a vision. So stay tuned and see where this one ends up. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

anythingwent002.jpg

Re: Anuthern

well
all i cant said for now is you have a great imagination :!: :wink:

bighit said:
between banging out anything goes build off bikes can you bend me a custom frame. seriously send a pm if you are interested.
I appreciate your faith in my abilities ,but I'm not good enough to start selling frames. This is just for fun
blackcruzer said:
I like the way this one is starting out already. What are you using for a bender?
My good ol made in China Harbor Freight tubing roller. Works fair once you diddle with it a little and get the hang of it. :roll:

Maybe a small explanition here. I'm not a metal fab guy. I learned to weld with alot of pratice and taking a course at a high school at night. I'm not doing this for money. I'm retired and get bored easy. I'm not a design person. I wish I was . The main reason I do this is to give everybody something to watch. I can build a frame in about two days ,and do the bondo to make it look smooth and paint it an another two days. Anybody can see if a dummie like me can turn out fairly decient frames ,there is no reason that you can't build one too. If you watch my builds you can see the methods I use...there are probably alot of others. I have a pretty good assortment of tools,But give me some pipe/tubing ...a bender a welder and a cheap 4'' grinder and I can build a frame. It that easy. Or sit there and wish you could do it. Its just a few peices of pipe/tubing welded together. This aint the space shuttle. :roll: With a little pratice you could borrow someones fantastic design and build this
32245807.jpg

Why would we want to build something ya gotta be a contortionist to ride! :lol: ......Your bikes are much better.

Ok I think I have a design for the back. Its just taped so don't expect too much.....but you get the idea. Still have to bend the off set ,but getting closer. :wink:

cantileaver002.jpg

curve001.jpg

Glad yall like it....I'm still not too sure. I do know if you can put an offset in a curved piece of pipe you will use all your talents. Here it is so far. This one will definatly have to grow on me. :cry: :cry:

schwinnish002.jpg

schwinnish1001.jpg

Well I got one bottom chainstay done...Lots of work . About 2 hours worth....gee this bike is taking a while to build. Should look pretty killer when its done

chainstay001.jpg

I think the seatstays look weird to you because the offset is so far from the wheel diameter, unlike the chainstays that bend right where the tire sits. You could have made the offset further back to match the chainstays, but I think it looks fine. You did a great job for sure, when it's done it'll look awesome.

necessaryevil said:
I think the seatstays look weird to you because the offset is so far from the wheel diameter, unlike the chainstays that bend right where the tire sits. You could have made the offset further back to match the chainstays, but I think it looks fine. You did a great job for sure, when it's done it'll look awesome.
Its hard to see things when there is nothing there to look at. I had it closer to the front because its always there on every bike. I could have gone farther back clooser to the wheel...but there wasnt a wheel there to see. I think once I stick a bar sideways in the middle of the space it will look better. Something has to hold the seat post and it should cover most of that open space, if that makes sense. I hope it looks good. I could have built two frames with the time I have spent on this one. :shock:

I know others will disagree, but I'm just not feelin' it. :? It looks like the art body sled w/the blown Hi-tech motor, $6,000.oo brakes, $3,000.oo fork and billet jockey shift, that takes second place to the nickle-plated '52 semi-stock bobber at the bike show. :p

Latest posts

Back