Anuthern (Officially History)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anuthern

necessaryevil said:
I hope you don't mind me using your pic, but it made me think. What if you put the BB below the front triangle, and built a seat pan on the seatstays that raised up pretty high in the back? You have a better perspective of what will be comfortable, but to me it looks like it might work.

ggg.jpg
seeing this too late to matter, but it kind of looks like you could have cut off the rear section and added the suspension from a mountain bike (or just used the pivot part and spring on your own rear section).

then i think (just eyeballing it from pics) the seat could be hard mounted somehwere over the rear wheel further back.

Re: Anuthern (Offically History)

Uncle Stretch said:
Nope I think I'm going to paint my house and fix my fence .Everybody is on their own for entertainment for a while. :wink:

Just so happens im having some house painting done right now also! My pergola is being painted, got a great deal 300 bucks including paint
unfortunately i can't reach to do it myself LoL.. Hurry back with the next build Uncle!!

KiM

For all the could of and should of ....this build is right where it should be in the garbage. I will come with something else. Its just a few bent tubes and some wire. No big loss in the scheme of things. I feel bad that I couldnt pull it off ,but we all make mistakes...tell me I'm on my third wife. So after a breif change I hope to design something buildable. :roll:

i dont know if this will help at all.......but
take a bike that is comfortable for you,get the measurements for the wheel base,then get the ground clearance from it also,then the seat tube height,rear triangle measurements,rake degree,and b.b. height and try to stay with in those numbers...it should leave you with a ridable and comfortable bike(i say SHOULD because thats my plan with my chopper im building but until its finished i wont know for sure :| )
sorry you had to kill it but we all learn from our mistakes(i should know.....i make enough of them :lol: )
good luck on the next one!

The problem I have is my jig is just the height of a colson clone. I havent figured out where the actual ground limit is. On my black and white bike I built ,I raised the front up 6'' which I thought was half of a tire distance. I was too chicken to make this one low . I should have stuck the forks in the second set of axels and built it from there. I have the dimensions I stay with. Everybody kept saying put the seat on top of the seat stays. It would have looked cool but wouldnt work. It just wasnt right from the begining. I knew and thought I could make it work. Life throws you curves. Its been along time since I messed one up so its no biggie. I wont let it happen again.I hope :shock:

Hey Unk, I'm bummed you cut er up. It would of made a great clock, wine rack, table, mail box post, tag along, whatever. Now it's just scrap or maybe just maybe the beginnings of a new dream! They can't all work out. Just look at the unpracticle hard to ride jokers I've built. Just cause you know misery loves company I'm struggling with my "Nuke" build. Existing bottom bracket way too close. Need to maybe add another bracket up the tube and use the existing for a idler. Opens up a can of worms for placement, top of tube or underneath? Under will need to clear the steering ring but I think I will tuck the chain under the tube width with retainers or guides. Top may be too hard to pedal. Wheels are turning trying to get her ridable for Sunday. Great words of encourgement for those who need a push. Last but not least I spied your jig using a chain drive garage door opener rail. Very clever use of resources. Great job on your Heart Attack build and riding video. I'm in my 50's and find it amusing to see us ol coots ride em like we are teenagers again. Bicycling is truly thee fountain of youth!

Man Kuttnhack you are so right. I should have made a mail box holder out of it. What was I thinking. That would have been so cool. Yeah at 59 I guess I'm reverting to my youth...
A jig can be built out of anything. I need to redo mine to something that will let me do lower bikes. It is so easy to lay that tubing on my table, which is a big metal dolly , and tack it together on both sides. When you pick it up its perfectly lined up....no guessing. Then I stick it in my jig and start from there. Its hard to clamp/hold peices of tubing in any kind of a jig and have it come out straight.
I'm really proud of the Heart Attack. Its the best I have done so far and it rides perfect. When you take it for a spin in the neighborhood everybody says it looks good. :D

What´s done is done, dont think about it any more, something cool will be built from those pieces, that´s 4 sure.

Latest posts

Back