American Flyer 26"-last update6/15 FIRST RIDE EVER(since'08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: American Flyer 26"-last update 4/11

MeHeadHunter said:
Not that it looks bad the way it is, but, I'd shorten the forks so there is only about 1/2 inch between the lower triple tree and the top of the tire. Get that thing as low as you can get it :D Lookin awesome :!:
ill try that tonight...post a pic for you

Well if that doesnt lower it alot...
Dingo likey!
camera-gate254.jpg

camera-gate255.jpg

ALOT more to cut :lol:

dingo, that is lookin better all the time. sweet dude sweet. yep cream scallops would look awsome on it.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Use some 3M 1/8 inch blue fineline tape and some red scotchbrite from your local automotive paint store.....Mask off some scallops with the 1/8 tape then mask off the rest of frame to protect from overspray....then use the scotchbrite to scuff the area within the taped off scallops to help the cream paint stick....Give it a couple medium wet coats, unwrap it when dry, and just like magic....it's done. :D Hope this helps!!!

Lookin' great dude!
(i still think that bike deserves to be shiny though, i'm not a rat-rod purist... :) )

I like it, now you nead square 40's handlebars (flipped) and a really low cruiser seat.

PAINT IT SOMETHING SHINEY haha :mrgreen:

musclebikes said:
I like it, now you nead square 40's handlebars (flipped) and a really low cruiser seat.

PAINT IT SOMETHING SHINEY haha :mrgreen:
That should be its name...something shiny

I like the bar idea though

How bout getting some alloy bar ends, and clamping them to the top part of the fork legs for handlebars?I reckon it would look pretty sweet, and different!

Back