American Flyer 26"-last update6/15 FIRST RIDE EVER(since'08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: American Flyer 26"

It's not that important on a steel frame & fork to use plastic beads versus sand, but becomes more important when your taking rust off chrome pieces like rims, handlebars, and fenders without scratching them up. I've also heard walnut shells are jagged and rip paint off pretty good as well with a blaster.

SuperStuff said:
It's not that important on a steel frame & fork to use plastic beads versus sand, but becomes more important when your taking rust off chrome pieces like rims, handlebars, and fenders without scratching them up. I've also heard walnut shells are jagged and rip paint off pretty good as well with a blaster.
NOw thats awesome, i never thought of the chrome.
Ive seen the beads from one of the sanders...but they were metal, or at least felt like it

and if you want those wheels or Motocross bikes...theyre yours...Other offers turned it down

TheFlyingDingo said:
and if you want those wheels or Motocross bikes...theyre yours...Other offers turned it down

I might have to sell a bike or two to make space for another bike so it might be possible. I'm getting a Schwinn Scrambler in trade from Markm and a Huffy X20R bmx bike in trade from another guy in Illinois.

SuperStuff said:
TheFlyingDingo said:

I might have to sell a bike or two to make space for another bike so it might be possible. I'm getting a Schwinn Scrambler in trade from Markm and a Huffy X20R bmx bike in trade from another guy in Illinois.
You must ship alot then
Pretty sweet

Well...i primered the frame last weekend...Still too cold, so i didnt get to finish it...Need to resand alot of it because of dripping

Dont have an actual picture of the frame primered, but you can see it in the backround...that orange frame+most of the bikes behind it are for sale :D
camera-gate045-1.jpg

Then i got put the tires on some wheels...The wheels are covered in fingerprints, so it makes em look nasty
camera-gate050-1.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
Dont have an actual picture of the frame primered, but you can see it in the backround...that orange frame+most of the bikes behind it are for sale :D

What are the bikes behind it and do you have wheels that fit the orange girls frame?

Bumpie-For updates!

I decided im going to continue work on this bike tonight, i might have a mock up coming and possibly some other stuff

I WANT THIS DONE!!
lol

Bump again-More plans

Heres a revision of what i plan to do-
Chrome triple tree fork, strap a delta light to it

Paint the frame brown with cream scallops and diamonds on the seat tube, get pinstriping done on the chainguard and maybe small amounts on the frame

Get either a new pair of wheels(chrome) that will fit my troy lee tires on it, Im taking them off the AMC ASAP
Might even just switch out the wheels alone until i can afford a nexus hub

Heres a mockup (5 min mockup) As requested by CCR+Chimichanga
camera-gate231.jpg

Ill have to do some cutting on the forks, unless i can solve it some other way...it sits WAAAY too high
Blurry...ill take a new one within the hour

I dont know why, but today i apprently felt the need to primer the bike...(again)

I thought the primer was brown, turned out orange. Im gonna get in another mockup, better pictures

dingo, that ride is sweet. what color is that primer anyways? get it done dude, lets see what ya got.not the gray, the redish brown.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

OUTLAW said:
dingo, that ride is sweet. what color is that primer anyways? get it done dude, lets see what ya got.not the gray, the redish brown.

Outlaw :mrgreen:
Im not sure...i thought it was brown when i bought it
then it was this...terra cotta

I think it looks excellent, but i gotta paint it the right colors...maybe ill ride it like this for a while

TheFlyingDingo said:
Well...i primered the frame last weekend...Still too cold, so i didnt get to finish it...Need to resand alot of it because of dripping

camera-gate045-1.jpg

hey dingo, the red one behind the primer one is what i meant. looks like the middle tube runs opposite of your current build?

Here we go...
Looking amazing if you ask me...Im thinking about ditching the idea of the gloss brown and cream scallops etc.
Just for now...because i love the way it looks.

camera-gate248.jpg

camera-gate249.jpg

camera-gate252.jpg

camera-gate251.jpg

Thats alot i need to cut off...Oh well
camera-gate253.jpg

Im putting this on here, painting parts of it flat black, like ive seen on here before

Edit-btw....should i cut more? or leave it as is(the amount i want to cut now)

Back