█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 Apes???

kingfish254 said:
What happened to the G.I. Jenny Craig diet?

Still on it, so far I've gained 2 pounds! :oops: But these Cherry Limeaides must be good for me, they have cherries and lime and ice... all these things are good for you.

Kinda like it better without the apes, it changes the style too much for me, just my $.02

oh yeah he did baby apes lets see them man apse

kingfish254 said:
big kountry said:
Oh no he didnt am I going to have to get taller apes now

These are my baby apes.

finally got back to check on your progress. You now only need ten more pages to catch up with yoothgye
Great looking bike and even better looking adventures.

Peatbog said:
motopsyco said:
finally got back to check on your progress. You now only need ten more pages to catch up with yoothgye

He needs ten pages and a bunny.
We'll just get Elmer Fudd to take care of that wascally wabbit! :lol:

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 007 Head Badge

raggedjim said:
Did you see his RRB05 build? It is insane, not a twinflex style but it has some suspension on it! Rg

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29570&p=291322#p291322

WHOA!!! I missed that one! What an amazing work of art!!!

MplsCoaster said:
Kinda like it better without the apes, it changes the style too much for me, just my $.02

I am no where close to deciding on the seat/bars yet. I just wanted to throw some different options on there for a reference point to noodle on.

motopsyco said:

Thanks Moto. I went away on bitness for a couple of days and see that my thread was hijacked by bunnies and cherry limeade and Jenny Craig!! :mrgreen:

big kountry said:

Well I could use the front apes off of the tandem I picked up

tandem.jpg

Or the 23.5" Nirve apes that I bought off of Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Nirve-Cruiser-Bic ... 141&sr=8-6

Doubt I will go that direction, but I may slap them on Flexi before I am done just for kicks.

Does anyone know where I can get some flat ribbon lighting that runs off of a watch battery?
I am thinking about putting something like that behind the louvers on my Spaceliner guard.

guard.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Does anyone know where I can get some flat ribbon lighting that runs off of a watch battery?
I am thinking about putting something like that behind the louvers on my Spaceliner guard.

guard.jpg

Finally had a chance to look at some builds I've been missing and am pleasantly surprised to see what you've got going on :eek: Great idea :!: Can't wait to see it finished 8) I was thinking about those led lights at the auto parts store last year for inside my tank.Looks like an on/off switch can be spliced in,looks like they run on a watch battery(as mentioned by raggedjim) and come in different lengths.Would probably look cool backlighting that chainguard 8) Oh yeah,they come in different colors too.I promise I won't miss any more updates :oops:

I am thinking about putting some clear red film on the backside of the guard and hoping I can rig up some ribbon lights, battery and switch within the back of the guard entirely (and keep it from hitting the chain). We'll see. That is a detail that is down the road, but I just wanted to put it out there while it was in my head.

Hoping to get some real work done on the bike this long weekend.

Yes, I vote for the APES! They can rock any bike !! ;-)

kingfish254 said:

guard.jpg

eBay..... Look up led strip

kingfish254 said:
big kountry said:

Well I could use the front apes off of the tandem I picked up

tandem.jpg

Or the 23.5" Nirve apes that I bought off of Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Nirve-Cruiser-Bic ... 141&sr=8-6

Doubt I will go that direction, but I may slap them on Flexi before I am done just for kicks.

I think this is the only tandem frame I ever seen that is properly made,i like it.

If you look up my CUZ I CAN pre-RRBBO7 thread you can see where I was thinking of making this tandem into a stretch Salt Flats bike with a sidecar.

But instead of building a bike for the Build Off, I decided to go the route of building a bike for ME.

Ordered the Springer Fork Head assembly from BicycleDesigner.com. It's $26, but that is better than cannibalizing my only springer fork.

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-par ... hrome.html

I can still work on other parts of the build until this comes in.

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/25 Hub decisions

I still have some decisions to make on this build, so I went out to the shop tonight to work on some more mockups. The basic design of the build is there, but I want to get the wheelset decided before I start on the rear suspension. Plus I really need to wait until the new springer head assembly comes in.

I really want gears on the bike, but at the same time, I don't want any V-Brakes. I have a cool Sturmey Archer 5 Speed IGH, but it is for V-Brake, so I don't plan to use it on this build.
DSCI0413.jpg

Just missed out on a grat Nexus 7 with roller brake yesterday (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55150&hilit=+nexus).

So, I guess I may end up using one of the Nexus 3 Speed coaster brake hubs that I have from yard sale bikes. In reality, this is probably sufficient for riding around Savannah, but I would just prefer a few more gears.

I actually have a Nexus 8 speed on my Dahon Mu XL, but it is 24 hole and it would require V-Brakes.

So that is where I stand on my hub decisions. If anyone has a IGH 5 or 7 speed hub that want to sell, give me a holler!

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/25 Hub Choices

Along with the Hub/Gears decision, I need to figure out which tires so that I know what size rims to use.

Here are my tire choices
1 - 26" Creme Fat Franks
2 - 26" Redline Black Bontrager Hanks
3 - 26" Brick Red Schwinn Typhoon Cords
4 - 24" x 3 Creme Thick Bricks

- I have already tested the creme Fat Franks on the blue Felt rims. The blue rims are out, but the Fat Franks are still possible.
- I also have the Creme Thick Bricks mounted on some skinny chrome 24" rims. I have had one of these on the early mockups.

Today after work, I played around with a few of the combos. I also threw in some mocks of the monster apes and some wicked pointed bars that I am leaning heavily towards using. I also threw in the big light that I am thinking of and even tried out the giant exerciser sprocket (which hits the frame :cry: ).

So hang on, because this is pic heavy. Here are some more mock ups.

Red Cords with black rims.
WP_001569.jpg

With Apes
WP_001570.jpg

WP_001571.jpg

With mega apes
WP_001572.jpg

WP_001573.jpg

Latest posts

Back