█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/20 Blue Rim Franks

Fisch said:
I think tried that location with my liner/spyder shift knob last year and I thought the knob might hit the top tube? But I might be remembering wrong. If so great excuse for a custom one to tie into the wheels no matter what the color!

Fisch, you are right about the knob itself hitting if you shift back very far. Either way, I plan to extend the shift lever and add a custom shift knob. Maybe even make it more like a drag shifter or pistol grip. That fun will have to wait.

I really do like the location of the shifter mounted where it is mounted. I still don't know what kind of gears I am going to have, so I know I will probably have to morph the shifter with whatever shift needs I end up with.

Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/20 Blue Rim Franks

Double Nickle said:
This is my favorite bike in the build off.

Thanks DUB, hope I can follow through with the execution. Right now it's just tie wraps and brain waves.

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 007 Apes???

Also yesterday, I played around with some other seat and bar combos. Horrible background for these photos, but here are a few that I tested.

Springer seat with with apes
20120520-WP_001555.jpg

Low slung silver banana and apes.
20120520-WP_001551.jpg

Sissy bar silver banana and apes
20120520-WP_001558.jpg

Sissy bar metallic purple banana with apes
20120520-WP_001561.jpg

Re: FlexLiner?? - MO FATTA MO BETTA 5/16 New Name

bpellham said:
Albert Einstein on Jolt Cola ... that is what crosses my mind when reading this thread. Very cool build!

Bill

Just saw this post Bill. A more accurate analogy would be Homer Simpson on Guiness Stout. :mrgreen:

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 Apes???

Have you tried mocking the sissy bar in the main frames dropouts? Might make the seats look bigger. Looking forward to seeing your final wheel choice, with the way it looks now, you cut the wrong frame! :D :D

Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/17 Actual Work

big kountry said:
alright Kingfish254 I'm going to thr Hooker reuion today so when I home tonite I exspect results :mrgreen:

BK, were my tie wrap mock ups enough results??

JoKeR63 said:
Have you tried mocking the sissy bar in the main frames dropouts? Might make the seats look bigger. Looking forward to seeing your final wheel choice, with the way it looks now, you cut the wrong frame! :D :D

It took me a few thought cycles to get that one. Yeah the baby blue with the creme tires would look better on a ladies frame.

The front hub won't fit the beehive fork so the blue rims are out. I have a lot of other wheel/tire/gears/brake options that I need to noodle on and test out.

I will try the sissy bar near the chrome drop, but I don't know if that will detract from the lines of the rear suspension stays. The whole banana seat my detract from the suspension in general. We'll see once I get farther along.

I still haven't thrown away my idea of building a banana seat from an old wooden water ski.

Oh no he didnt am I going to have to get taller apes now

big kountry said:

These are my baby apes.

kingfish254 said:
big kountry said:

These are my baby apes.
The silver is sweet. Duct tape?!? Baby Magillas. Egg head jr on Old English 800. Peace

JoKeR63 said:
Have you tried mocking the sissy bar in the main frames dropouts? :D :D

if the sissy bar was mounted to the mainframe dropouts, the seat would not have the advantage of the "flex action" of the rear axle.

bpellham said:
JoKeR63 said:

if the sissy bar was mounted to the mainframe dropouts, the seat would not have the advantage of the "flex action" of the rear axle.

With the rear wheel suspended and the front as well, no matter how or where you mount the seat, it will take advantage of the suspension... unless you mount it on the ground. :?

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 007 Head Badge

kingfish254 said:
Just found this treasure from RRBBO2 for inspiration.
RatFlex
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4108&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=twinflex

I also found on Page Two of 37FleetWood's Subterfuge RRBBO4 bike, he started with an idea for a rear suspension, but then scrapped it later on.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16202&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=rear+suspension&start=15

Did you see his RRB05 build? It is insane, not a twinflex style but it has some suspension on it! Rg

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29570&p=291322#p291322

yoothgeye said:
bpellham said:
JoKeR63 said:

With the rear wheel suspended and the front as well, no matter how or where you mount the seat, it will take advantage of the suspension... unless you mount it on the ground. :?

I must drink more coffee, or slow down on my interweb postings before coffee. Thanks for the correction.

bpellham said:
I must drink more coffee, or slow down on my interweb postings before coffee. Thanks for the correction.

Haha, no problem, I was reading it and I almost agreed with you, but then my morning Sonic Cherry Limeaide kicked in. 8)

yoothgeye said:
bpellham said:

Haha, no problem, I was reading it and I almost agreed with you, but then my morning Sonic Cherry Limeaide kicked in. 8)

why don't you just rub it in some more and tell me it is a route 44 cherry limeaide :(

bpellham said:
why don't you just rub it in some more and tell me it is a route 44 cherry limeaide :(

Why tell you when I can just show you?

0522121025.jpg

What happened to the G.I. Jenny Craig diet?

Latest posts

Back