█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner 7 - TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/26 Nexus 7 Hanks + Forks

Xcruiser, don't you have any Advance Auto Parts stores around? That's where I saw this paint at.

kingfish254 said:
Xcruiser, don't you have any Advance Auto Parts stores around? That's where I saw this paint at.

Not much anything around here for 40 miles bud.
Pike county illinois,nothing but deer around here!
We have a small walmart and tiny Napa parts store.

Re: FlexLiner 7 - TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/26 Shifter idea

It feels like another two pages of updates, but here goes another one.
I know I am going to need a shifter extension, so here is one of my thoughts.

I have a few old chainrings that I recently got in a RRB swap.

I am thinking of taking this skiptooth

sprockets.jpg

And mutilating a piece out of it.

sprockets-Copy.jpg

I think the Hanks will look great. On the black rims and all the chrome on the frame.
Can't go wrong with a Nexus hub.

Here in the city of Chicago you can't even buy spray paint. :shock:
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/g ... 33969.html

Good thing I'm close to a suburban Menard's

Kingfish, I just wish you had some ideas for this build. :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Skipton said:
I think the Hanks will look great. On the black rims and all the chrome on the frame.

Kingfish, I just wish you had some ideas for this build. :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Man that's crazy, a select few ruin it for everybody.

outskirtscustoms said:
Skipton said:

Man that's crazy, a select few ruin it for everybody.

I know, it looks like it's not just spray paint either. You can't even buy a jumbo sharpie marker for your garage sale sign. :roll:

Skipton said:

I am creatively challenged and it's tough for me to come up with good ideas. 8)

Well I just had an idea.
I may go with a different set of rims.
The newer black Schwinn rims are decently made, but I have a pair of Worksman class wheels on the Emory's I picked up. I love the high flange front hub and these things have some serious spokes. The chrome is in good shape too.

WP_001033.jpg

WP_001036.jpg

I'll have to mount the Bontragers on both the black and Emory rims and decide from there.

I am excited about getting the Nexus 7 for this build. Yet another reason to call the bike "FlexLiner 7".

I also like the grips that came on the Emory's.
WP_001035.jpg

Re: FlexLiner 7 - TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/27 Hanks + Rim Opinions

Okay scratch the chrome Emory wheelset (for now). The Blue Felt Rims are back in the running.
I mounted the Redline Hanks and they are definitely the right tires for this frame.

I couldn't resist seeing what the Black and Blue would look like so I mounted on Hank on the blue rims and one Hank on the black rims.

Sat back with a Tasman Red and studied the situation. Tell me what you think!!!

WP_001614.jpg

Which rims should I use? I like the contrast with the black Hanks and the blue rims. It fits much better than the creme and blue.

WP_001604.jpg
WP_001606.jpg
WP_001605.jpg
WP_001607.jpg

WP_001615.jpg
WP_001616.jpg

WP_001617.jpg

WP_001618.jpg

WP_001619.jpg

WP_001620.jpg

Gonna have to say black.The blue softens the attitude this thing seems to be taking on. Plink.Plink.(2 pennies in a cup)

Circa Cycles said:
Gonna have to say black.The blue softens the attitude this thing seems to be taking on. Plink.Plink.(2 pennies in a cup)

What does everyone else think?

In person the blue really pops, but as I scroll through these photos over and over, I think you may have something there CC.

By the way, I am just as anxious as anyone else to get that rear suspension started, but I just need to wait until I get the Nexus 7 hub and get it laced before I can do the suspension right. Plus I am waiting for the new springer head assembly as well.

Skipton said:

Think Skipton's right, especially with the pictures
Black adds a coolness factor and look great with the Redwall Hanks :D
I'm groovin' on the handle bars and shifter 8)
Those grips would look good with the black rims...

Know what you mean about making it pop with the rims
Depends on what your looking for, how many colors

You're like me with trying stuff out to see first
Think about how many more versions you can build like that in the future :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the rear suspension come together

I think the black rims work the best with the Hanks, the blue with the Franks.

Just my .02

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Peatbog said:
I still like the blue. It is unique and somewhat elegant, maybe even a little "uppity" (high class) or something.

Hey you edited this. I liked the "uppity" comment better than "high class". I am torn with the Black or the Blue rims. I agree it adds a touch of class and I like the word Uppity. It reminds me of Saffire - The Uppity Blues Woman.

I appreciate any and all comments on this build. That's why I asked. That's also why you see so MANY mockups in my builds. I am very visual and need to see all of my options and get feedback from my build brothas!

Peatbog said:
I still like the blue. It is unique and somewhat elegant, maybe even a little uppity. :mrgreen:

Okay, if I use the blue rims, I may change the name to UppityLiner 7. :p :mrgreen:

This seems appropriate as TS Beryl rolls into shore at the same time as I am enjoying some Heavy Seas Siren Noir Imperial Chocolate Stout while enjoying a Stevie Ray Vaughan romp through YouTube. SRV is one of the only celebrities that I have ever mourned. I actually saw him with BB King, Etta James, Joe Cocker, and Dr John in ATL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOF8QmRBVng

Stevie had that something special didn't he..Besides guitar he had a great fantastic voice...

I like the blue rims. I like the bikes that you have to study it to see all the cool things on it

Houndog said:
Stevie had that something special didn't he..Besides guitar he had a great fantastic voice...

Only someone like Stevie could make you rock out to a simple nursery rhyme like Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Tisket Tasket Baby!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6lq0sRo ... re=related

kingfish254 said:
Houndog said:

Only someone like Stevie could make you rock out to a simple nursery rhyme like Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Tisket Tasket Baby!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6lq0sRo ... re=related
Rim color is decided on ya final colors! Stevie is top 10 man! Crazy skills and singing while playing.

Back