█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner 7 - TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/27 Hanks + Rim Opinions

Jake Sensi said:
kingfish254 said:
Houndog said:
Stevie had that something special didn't he..Besides guitar he had a great fantastic voice...

Only someone like Stevie could make you rock out to a simple nursery rhyme like Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Tisket Tasket Baby!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6lq0sRo ... re=related
Rim color is decided on ya final colors! Stevie is top 10 man! Crazy skills and singing while playing.

Final frame colors are chrome original Spaceliner frame with Red Anodized Metalcast forks and rear suspension frame members.

This build is turning out very classy but with a little muscle. Like if Roger Moore and Chuck Norris had a love child. Named him Steve McQueen and gave him his first bicycle!

Yep.As much as I like that blue color and shape of the rims,the color is all wrong for what you have in mind.If you were going with the blue rims,I'd suggest brown Thick Bricks and tan as a frame/fork color.Something like the old school SE Racing colors.Lovin' this build :!:

imagearchy said:
This build is turning out very classy but with a little muscle. Like if Roger Moore and Chuck Norris had a love child. Named him Steve McQueen and gave him his first bicycle!

Now I just have to jump a barbed wire fence with it! 8)

Thanks for all of the opinions guys. Looks like 50/50, but some good points brought up. I still don't know which ones I will use. Guess I will make that decision when I get the Nexus 7 hub in.

Someone asked what brand the handlebars were. I really don't know and there are no markings. I bought them at a yard sale for $5. They are a smaller diameter than most bars. I may even have to use some shims on the stem.

They look like 'clubsman' style motorcycle bars. You can find chrome or black ones in 7/8" on eBay for around $25, if the yard sales in your area aren't as awesome as kingfish's :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Tankenstein said:
They look like 'clubsman' style motorcycle bars. You can find chrome or black ones in 7/8" on eBay for around $25, if the yard sales in your area aren't as awesome as kingfish's :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I think they are motorcycle bars. There wher a set on King Klunkster in BO6. (http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43559)

Re: FlexLiner 7 - TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/26 Shifter idea

kingfish254 said:
It feels like another two pages of updates, but here goes another one.
I know I am going to need a shifter extension, so here is one of my thoughts.

I have a few old chainrings that I recently got in a RRB swap.

I am thinking of taking this skiptooth

sprockets.jpg

And mutilating a piece out of it.

sprockets-Copy.jpg

I just had another idea on what to do with the leftover bulk of this chainring when I cut it. I think it will look pretty slick if I mount it to the underside and in front of the shifter body, but not have any of it rise above the upper pair of toptubes. I will probably paint this with the anodized red to match the forks and rear suspension. It will also compliment the skiptooth shifter arm (which will also be anodized red).

Yet another wicked cool idea or you could make rockers for your springer front an rear :idea:

big kountry said:
Yet another wicked cool idea or you could make rockers for your springer front an rear :idea:

Thanks, but the front rockers are really hidden within the fork blades and the rear is just gonna be a pivoting MeteorFlite rear, so no rockers (not yet at least).

THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULDN'T HAVE POWER TOOLS! CUZ THEY COME UP WITH WICKED IDEAS LIKE THIS. WOULD ALSO MAKE A GNARLY PAIR OF BRASS KNUCKLES :mrgreen: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS. KWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULDN'T HAVE POWER TOOLS! CUZ THEY COME UP WITH WICKED IDEAS LIKE THIS. WOULD ALSO MAKE A GNARLY PAIR OF BRASS KNUCKLES :mrgreen: I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS. KWAZY WRATTER!! PEACE

:idea: Or how about brass knucke grip guards???? Hmmmmmmmmm 8)

kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

:idea: Or how about brass knucke grip guards???? Hmmmmmmmmm 8)
GET OUTTA MY HEEAAADD!! YOUR TEARING MY APART!!(JAMES DEAN MOMENT)

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: thanks Jake I'ma get the grinder out

I'm liking the black the best. It gives it a nice classic look with the brown saddle and red stripe tires.

I have been brainstorming again and filled up a couple of pages.
Please look back on Page 16 and give me your opinions on which rims to use, the Blue ones or the Black ones.
Thanks!!!

the blue and black combo is my fav. So if you're not gonna use them, they would look supreme on my ride! :D Digging the forks, rear susp, pointy bars, chain guard and blue rims! :wink: awesome build ya got going on
Oh and the Nexus 7 is the bomb! Just put one on my wife's bike... gotta have another now. Has some nice gear ratios when you get the right front cog

I thought that had been decided already it was black right thats the ones I thought you was going with :?:

kingfish254 said:
Please look back on Page 16 and give me your opinions on which rims to use, the Blue ones or the Black ones.
Thanks!!!

big kountry said:
I thought that had been decided already it was black right thats the ones I thought you was going with :?:

kingfish254 said:
Thanks!!!

No, I haven't made up my mind yet. I like them both. I just have to decide when my Nexus 7 hub arrives, then it's for good.

Was there a pink option? If so, I'm ready to vote.

Back